Seat box with back rest

Poacher Pat Felstead

Ditched my box at the start of the season, cos of my bad back (disc problem) got myself a koroum seat. Superb , no back problems whatsoever, fish all day long in comfort. Carry my gear in a large purpose designed fishing shoulder bag, no problems whatsoever.
I ditched my box because of my back and have a jrc recliner chair. It's been great until recently. As my back is getting worse I find that my chair is too low.

I've been looking at the forum accessory chair as it looks like it can be adjusted to a higher seated position.

Poacher Pat Felstead

Hi

I got it from here:

You have to buy the extra draw unit seperate if you want it 👍
That's great thanks I'll have a look. Might seem a daft question but if I get the additional box does it increase the height of the box? As in the extra box adds an inch or so in height

Paul.P

I had the same problem, agony after a days fishing.
Problem is now solved, i bought boat seat from fleebay for £35, that together with a swivel mount and a bit of 12mm ply, couple of hours work and I now have a preston seatbox still with original cushion top but also interchangable swivel seat which is confortable I can sit on it all day with no back pain and the added luxury of a swivel seat. Total cost around £55
I did exactly the same with my octbox & your dead right, last year i missed loads of fishing due to bad back, this year, using this seat, i've been fine !

Simon R

Site Supporter
Have a look at one of these

Must admit I've only sat on one in the tackle shop but the seat is comfortable, the back-rest is in the right place and it's quite high up so easy to get out of. There's storage under the seat - enough for a slim tackle box and/or a winder tray.

Similar design available via Askari, although I'm not sure what the post-brexit situation is regarding importing one

I've got the old Behr feeder stool and it's a cracking bit of kit - in fact I was using it last weekend

Simon

Ian67

Ive give up on my seatbox now,it just crucifies me even after an hours fishing,I bought the Preston feeder chair a few years back now and its really comfy and has stopped the back ache,ive given up the pole now too but love my method feeder fishing,as a pleasure angler its nice to just sit back and chill and wait for that rod to wrap around...tight lines.