Seat box top only HELP !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

swanny

I am planning to make my own seat box, but require a top to start me off.
When I say a top I mean the riveted foam top seat that you sit on (not a cushion) once I have this I can build the box around it. Has anybody any idea where I can purchase a seat ??? [;)]

p.sw

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Why buy Swanny?

Make one. Get a piece of plywood, some high density sponge and pop into a local upholsterers for some pvc and the rivets and away you go [:)]

You can buy spare seats ie pole or flat seats for the Little Gem boxes but i don't know where from or how much

Dave

Last edited:

Steve Keating

Hi Swanny

BUILD THE BOX FIRST AND THEN MAKE THE SEAT.....The same goes for the draws as well.

But it is quite easy. Get yourself a piece of wood or thick MDF. Get two peices of foam (For a pole type seat) then buy a good covering from a fabric store. Now cut the wood to the size of your box and lay out the foam (glue down if you want). Then lay the covering over and start to staple round the edges once you have the seat shaped you can then attach the trimming round the edges to cover the staples and bang in some nice silver tacks.

Steve K

mike s

Use MARINE GRADE ply for everything, including the seat base. Make sure you coat EVERY surface(inside & out) with WATERPROOF varnish.
Make sure that you pull the vinyl covering on the seat VERY TIGHT when you fit it. This is all down to personal experience.

Cumbria Angling Centre

Larry

Lazarus
If you don't got to the trouble of making a box for yourself look at the RIVE SET UP ,you get a basic box 1st then add extra's as you need them.

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Status
Not open for further replies.