Seat-Box: Query.

J.C

Hi all, I am looking on buying a budget seatbox (150 or less if possible). However, it must have rod rest/bait tray accessories and a platform/footrest. (If possible a back rest also, as I have back problems). I fish fast match style but have never bothered with a more efficient set up, so I thought it was time to upgrade. There is a such a sea of seatboxes out there, I dont even know where to start.

Am I wasting my time trying to get one with those accessories for that price?

Cheers

J

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
your asking a lot for £150

keep an eye on the ads in the classified section, or Ebay, facebook selling pages

you wont get that spec new for that money

TrickyD

Site Supporter
You could try Go Outdoors and their Westlake branded boxes. Search on here as some people have bought them.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Just checked and still looking at nearly 300 all in with accessories
You could try messaging this member.

It's rock solid. Seems really good. That said mines for sale never used if you interested give me a shout. I made the mistake of getting it for my lad but he's just gone off fishing completely! Fickle. So it's just taking up space in the garage.

rudd

Site Supporter
Old shakey box with octuplus leg system and top box.
Breakaway back rest (designed to fit for beach anglers)
Octoplus footplate (2nd hand)
Accessories to fit from e bay.
There are !oads of accessories to fit out of fashion leg sizes 😉

J.C

As I know nothing about buying seatboxes, I'm not sure whats compatible with what, hence why I'm hedging towards a combo

rudd

Site Supporter
As I know nothing about buying seatboxes, I'm not sure whats compatible with what, hence why I'm hedging towards a combo
Ok, sure some one can list whats what and compatible!

Wrongfoot

Site Supporter
Hah! That's my beginners, cheapo setup using the sea gear I already had, although it's a Diawa Beta size box. All I needed was the foot rest and a few accessories...

But I suspect that the OP has a similar setup already as he describes his current as "not match efficient" and that's likely something without drawers or a top box...

J.C

Hah! That's my beginners, cheapo setup using the sea gear I already had, although it's a Diawa Beta size box. All I needed was the foot rest and a few accessories...

But I suspect that the OP has a similar setup already as he describes his current as "not match efficient" and that's likely something without drawers or a top box...
No my set up is a chair with my bait to the left of me haha, my style of fishing calls for a seatbox approach with bait to hand etc, to improve my efficiency