Seat Box Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mav

Hi guys,

As an expat looking to return to Blighty I was looking to start up coarse fishing again. I still have some gear at my parents but I'd need a new box. Looking around they're either expensive or rubbish. I used to have a Shaky box with the Top Box and Octoplus but that would set me back over 120 quid. Has anyone tried the JR-4 from Sundridge or the Steade Fast 2000? I like the look of Badger's box for 99 squid, if anyone has used any of the above can you advise, good or bad?

Cheers fellas,

Mav.[8]

jon_green

I think I would go for the badger box. but the drawers look unvarnished in the pics so id varnish them before use.

TINY

Tiny
I used to sell the Badger box but not any more.....draw your own conclusion[;)]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES

joe32

I would not touch anything that Badger sell,If there box is the same quality as some of there carp stuff.One of my mate's bought quite a bit of stuff off badger and it was all rubbish most of it has been sent back because it broke or fell to bit.
If you want a seat box that will last and will not fall to bit's try and get a matchbox(I know its a bit of cash but it will last)
try thr secondhand market as there are useally some going cheap.

Joe [:D] [:D]

Don't argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to there level and beat you on experience

martin.

Account Locked
you could always try the classified sect on here open the box top left under maggot click on classifieds
open the fishing related items theres 2 or 3 for sale on there

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile3.asp

talk fishing flip football

jon_green

i aint seen a badger box in real life but if y'all say the quality is bad then i wont bother

mav

Hi guys,

thanks for all your advice. I think I'll take you up on your recommendations and look for a good one in Loot and on here. Does anyone know how Red Rocks in Lancashire is fishing these days?

Cheers fellas.

Mav.

joe32

There is always a few going on e-bay which seem to go at a good price.There was a matchbox on there recently 7 draw river box went for 122 and i think it was in good nick

Joe [:D] [:D]

Don't argue with an idiot they will only bring you down to there level and beat you on experience

martin.

Account Locked
the one in classified being sold by ray s in the lancashire area, i think

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile3.asp

talk fishing flip football

mav

Martin,

Many thanks, I've fired off an email to Ray asking if he still has it.

Cheers

Mav

Larry

Lazarus
Mav you get what you pay for Have look at the Rive range of boxes i think there supberb i think the basic box is around 150 & you can add the different trays later on.

Datafile2.asp

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

TINY

Tiny
Datafile3.asp

This is made by Fix2.145 and you can add draws trays and generally customise them to suit yourself[:D]

Andy.
Datafile3.asp

STAFFS ANGLING SUPPLIES

mav

Andy,

Well you obviously know your onions so I guess that's the one to go for. Is it fairly light and are the legs adjustable a la Octoplus?

Cheers Andy,

Mav

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Mav

Andy is the man to ask as he owns a tackle shop.

Loot isn't always the best paper around dependant on where you'll be living i would recommend the bargain pages much better selection & prices.

Then again as i've already said i'd check with Andy (TINY) first as he can do you a really decent price on a box & other gear for what you'd pay for just a box in the papers.

The seat box shown in his picture is really comfortable & isn't heavy either i know cos i've sat on it & lifted it.

Alan

Datafile3.asp

it wasn't me, i didn't do it, nobody saw me, nobody can prove anything.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
quote:Originally posted by Trogg

The seat box shown in his picture is really comfortable & isn't heavy either i know cos i've sat on it & lifted it.

Alan

Andy

So that is one broken box going cheap then is it?[:D][:D][}:)]

Geoff
Datafile3.asp

Clean Banks Campaign member
Fishing Venues UK

Status
Not open for further replies.