Seat box for my lad

MikeItZer0

My boy is 12 and has cerebral palsy. Basically, he's a normal boy of his age only he can't stand up, walk or sit straight.

I've very recently got him intetested in fishing and I'd like to get him his own seat box.

I'd like something with a swivel chair with a backrest on top.

I've not been fishing much myself in recent years so I'm not sure what's out there but something like the onbox 360 type of thing.

Any recommendations? The cheaper the better.

A footplate isn't a necessity as he'll only be fishing on flat platforms.

And draws aren't a necessity either as I'll always be with him.

Thanks.

Reuben

Site Supporter
The swivel seat back rests are quite short. I’d check if they’re fit for purpose before shelling out on one as they’re not cheap. I’ve a JRC folding chair doing nothing that you can have for nowt if you pay for postage - doesn’t swivel though but all four legs are adjustable & it’s in good nick. Let me know.

muggins

paste man
Site Supporter
One of these would be perfect for you. Speak to Matrix and tell them your requirements or search for a Matrix box in your price range and buy one of these to fit the box

Last edited:

MikeItZer0

Thanks for the kind responses. I can't accept something for free I'd feel bad about it.

But if you post pictures and it's suitable I'd be more than happy to pay.

Johnfish20

Hi Mike

Away working till Saturday night will post some pictures Sunday if you think it’s suitable its yours.
I seriously don’t want anything for it if you view the pictures and think it’s ok p.m. me your details and I will arrange to get it sent to you.

Thx
John

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Hi Mike

Away working till Saturday night will post some pictures Sunday if you think it’s suitable its yours.
I seriously don’t want anything for it if you view the pictures and think it’s ok p.m. me your details and I will arrange to get it sent to you.

Thx
John
The generosity and kindness shown on this forum makes me very proud to be a member 😍

MunchMyStump

Site Supporter
What goes around comes around. Kindness is repayed and forwarded. It takes very little to be a good person and help one another, conversely, It actually takes effort to be a tw@t. I would rather help and be happy in the knowledge someone has benefited and will get a degree of pleasure. This forum is full of that ethos... Long may it continue!
@Mrs Munch Can I come out of the dark place now please?

Johnfish20

Photos sent as you can see no marks seat is unused I’m just trying to find the legs moved a year ago and still trying to find stuff if it ‘looks of interest pm me I will arrange delivery.
Thx

MikeItZer0

Just wanted to say that Johnfish20 is a very kind man and I'm very grateful and touched by this.

I collected the seat last week. Haven't had chance to take my lad yet but will put a picture on when I do.

John is a very nice and friendly man. When I met him I was just about to tell him he was due some good karma but then he told me someone had just hit his parked car!

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Thanks for the kind responses. I can't accept something for free I'd feel bad about it.

But if you post pictures and it's suitable I'd be more than happy to pay.
In that situation I ask people to make a donation to a chosen charity. Makes everyone feel good. And don't forget Gift aid.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
In that situation I ask people to make a donation to a chosen charity. Makes everyone feel good. And don't forget Gift aid.
Regarding Gift Aid..
If you are a non tax payer and are down for gift aid you can be liable for the tax paid on it.
Inform the charity you no longer pay tax and they will take you off their gift aid list.