Seat box for feeder fishing

martin22

Site Supporter
I’m looking to buy a new box but obviously can’t walk into a shop to look at the min,
I’m wanting a box solely for feeder fishing so don’t need any pole winder sections etc
Ideally want 36mm legs
A good solid locking footplate screw type not slide bolts
A few decent draws for odds/sods the usual feeder terminal tackle
I’ve been looking at the matrix xr36 compact which does look the kind of thing I’m looking for just wondered if anyone has any other recommendations?
Obviously £500+ is a lot to spend blindly without being able to walk into a shop to view first

Marker50

Site Supporter
Like the look of that matrix myself mate.
But for pole feeder etc.
I like the gap under it where i could put my feeder bag.
Wonder how strong they are the H frame type

Paul.P

For feeder fishing i'd look no further than the octbox Martin, you can put whatever trays you like on it, just give Rick Tyler a ring & he will sort. Its light, & very strong. You can have legs up to 1.5m & even an out rigger system if you want to get in the water, really is the most versatile system for your needs.

martin22

Site Supporter
Like the look of that matrix myself mate.
But for pole feeder etc.
I like the gap under it where i could put my feeder bag.
Wonder how strong they are the H frame type
It does look a good box and being 36mm legs can imagine there very sturdy,although I’ve not seen this box going on other matrix boxes I’ve seen can imagine it will be plenty strong enough but I’m guessing it will be heavy and that’s one of the reasons I don’t want to buy blind
For feeder fishing i'd look no further than the octbox Martin, you can put whatever trays you like on it, just give Rick Tyler a ring & he will sort. Its light, & very strong. You can have legs up to 1.5m & even an out rigger system if you want to get in the water, really is the most versatile system for your needs.
These are another box I’ve been looking at I know they’ve got really good reviews but the 36 is a lot more than I want to spend,again I’d really like to see one in person first as I may consider a d25 if there as sturdy as people say

crayfishtraps

Site Supporter
if you look on octbox site will show you everything they sell..otherwise ring rick and he will advise the options available..quick delivery aswell

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
It does look a good box and being 36mm legs can imagine there very sturdy,although I’ve not seen this box going on other matrix boxes I’ve seen can imagine it will be plenty strong enough but I’m guessing it will be heavy and that’s one of the reasons I don’t want to buy blind

These are another box I’ve been looking at I know they’ve got really good reviews but the 36 is a lot more than I want to spend,again I’d really like to see one in person first as I may consider a d25 if there as sturdy as people say
D25 is exceptionally sturdy ,you dont need a 36 ,maybe if your setting up the box in deep water on a rig platform then id have a 36 . The Maver signature pro is a very nice looking box ,Gazza on here has one and could give you a good review of the Maver (chefster)

martin22

Site Supporter
Cheers fellas,decided to treat myself and bought an octbox d25
First impressions very well built and very well thought out box,as above no need to go any larger than the 25mm legs for what I do it’s exceptionally and surprisingly sturdy
Thanks for the recommendations 👍

Attachments

• A8D49C85-C551-4D6F-9270-B4D695A95774.jpeg
    A8D49C85-C551-4D6F-9270-B4D695A95774.jpeg
    322.3 KB · Views: 26

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Cheers fellas,decided to treat myself and bought an octbox d25
First impressions very well built and very well thought out box,as above no need to go any larger than the 25mm legs for what I do it’s exceptionally and surprisingly sturdy
Thanks for the recommendations 👍
For transport to and from van and peg ,un clip the seat on bottom clips ,its much easier and only takes a minute .