Seat box attachment help

Iluvlesta

Site Supporter
Bought one of these second hand for my young son in the vain hope he'll stay vaguely in the same place while we fish. I'm looking to attach a bait tray. What attachments do I actually need? Looking at generic attachments. What other attachments might he need? IMG_20190930_142022.jpg

Dusty

Bought one of these second hand for my young son in the vain hope he'll stay vaguely in the same place while we fish. I'm looking to attach a bait tray. What attachments do I actually need? Looking at generic attachments. What other attachments might he need? IMG_20190930_142022.jpg

It doesn’t appear there are any legs on which to attach anything.
You may need to attach a frame to the box.

Iluvlesta

Site Supporter
The legs go up and down inside the box so attachments would have to be from the legs at the bottom. I've pulled a leg out for the picture.
IMG_20190930_144422.jpg

IanG1

Site Supporter
What size leg is it?
May be worth looking at some right angled arms with a threaded end you can screw a drennan style bait waiter into?

Iluvlesta

Site Supporter
I like the look of the bait waiter. Particularly as I seem to be his current bait waiter!!

but how do I attach one to the legs at the bottom?

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I like the look of the bait waiter. Particularly as I seem to be his current bait waiter!!

You'd probably have to completely remove the leg completely to slide on the attachment & the attachment would then become a permanent fixtur (unless you wanted to do it every trip).

Gwillim

Probably something like this which enables you to attach and detach it each trip without taking the legs off and on etc ........

with something like this ...............

Have no idea of the quality etc of this stuff just showing examples of things that could do the job

alsur

Site Supporter

I believe you can get brolly arms that open and clamp on, but if you can get leg out you could swivel the one I linked to under the box for transportation.

Brolly Arm Clamp On for CARP CHAIR SEAT BOX Fishing Camping Short 6" 15cm THA017 6921110310923 | eBay

As above not sure of quality and you would need to check if it was long enough to get bait tray away from box.

Last edited:

Gwillim

The one I linked is a clamp type you unscrew the blue knob and it then releases and swings to the side opening
I'm surprised no-one has suggested sell the box and buy a more suitable one.
Probably as he just bought it.............

alsur

Site Supporter
The one I linked is a clamp type you unscrew the blue knob and it then releases and swings to the side opening

Probably as he just bought it.............

Only problem I can see with your link is it only fits 25 and bigger legs.

Nicky Dodds

Makes no difference when the box was bought it's the worst design ever and the thread was started today.
In the long run more problems will surface and more attachments may be needed leading to more head scratching and no easy solutions.

Iluvlesta

Site Supporter
You'd probably have to completely remove the leg completely to slide on the attachment & the attachment would then become a permanent fixtur (unless you wanted to do it every trip).
The legs are on a clip that you open and it slides up and down to the height you want so putting it together each trip wouldn't be a problem and it's give him something to do when we first get there