Seat Box Accessory

robinta

Hi all.

I'd posted earlier in the week about a Preston to Matrix adapter that I couldn't really resolve, so I'm looking for some more help please.

My pole roost normally sits on my LHS, but with the fitting issue sits on the seat box main legs and across the side tray which isn't ideal.

I'd like to put it on my right, where all I have is a pole sock for shipping back, but again I'm loathe to put it on the box legs. It'll be right in my 'flight path' when I get off the box, and I'm so clumsy I can see huge problems.

Ideally I want something to give a bit of distance away from me for the top kit roost, which then goes over to a free standing maver roost.

So far the only way I can see to do this is with an outrigger arm and screw thread and buy a screw in top kit support..

What Im really after is a arm that will fit onto my round seat box leg at one end, but fit into the matrix roost bar on the other.

I appreciate this isn't exactly the biggest problem to have in the world! But with my history of breaking gear the more compact and organised I am the better 😉

Cheers

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
Have you looked at the Preston Offbox 36 Spacer Bar. I use one to keep my Preston Offbox 36 Standard Kit Safe away from the sidetray on the LHS.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I bought a couple of frenzee roosts, I put one on a cheap tripod that I bought off amazon for £12. The other one is attached to a maver accessory arm that fits on my seatbox leg. Holds 6 topkits & can be placed on any leg if I need to use a brolly or the bankside doesn't suit a particular position

robinta

Have you looked at the Preston Offbox 36 Spacer Bar. I use one to keep my Preston Offbox 36 Standard Kit Safe away from the sidetray on the LHS.
Ironically I had looked at this, but forgot about it.. Definitely worth a look

robinta

Just remembered.. The Spacer looks great, but the square insert isn't compatible with my matrix roost... Unless I get a Preston roost attachment of course

chris1967

Really Really
Site Supporter
The easiest and most secure way i have found is a ventalite side tray with attachment and gripper roost on far side of tray see piccys
ive had all figure of arms and found in strong wind they blow round on the leg ,

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 13
  • download (2).jpg
    download (2).jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 14
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 14

robinta

The easiest and most secure way i have found is a ventalite side tray with attachment and gripper roost on far side of tray see piccys
ive had all figure of arms and found in strong wind they blow round on the leg ,
Cheers Chris

Dorset Paul

Why not put it on the right rear leg and have it pointing back along the same line as your pole? Obviously lower down so it is not in the way of shipping in/ out. I do this and have no issues at all.

robinta

Why not put it on the right rear leg and have it pointing back along the same line as your pole? Obviously lower down so it is not in the way of shipping in/ out. I do this and have no issues at all.
Yeah this might be the best option tbh cheers