Seasons Best Thames Trotting Roach Bag

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Fished up at Northmoor on Saturday but the mega wind made it impossible to float fish. Didnt have a session worth reporting as it’s not good on the feeder there due to it being one of the few remaining crayfish strongholds around here.

However with a bit less wind today my grandad went back for another go and whilst he’s said he’s had to alternate between float and feeder due to some gusty spells apparently on the float it’s been near a roach a chuck. Another comfortably double figure bag he reckons. Might have to have another go there myself at the weekend if the weather plays ball.

2ndwind

Hi Silverfisher: I'm a 'newbie' here on md, and just read your instructive posts on fishing Sandford Meadows, nr Oxford.
I've got the Reading & District AA ticket and as you know we have a venue sharing arrangement with Littlemore AA for Sandford weir & the meadows (I also joined Littlemore last June) but due to current Covid travel restrictions I haven't fished the meadows yet.
Hope to meet you on the bank when restrictions are finally lifted.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Hi Silverfisher: I'm a 'newbie' here on md, and just read your instructive posts on fishing Sandford Meadows, nr Oxford.
I've got the Reading & District AA ticket and as you know we have a venue sharing arrangement with Littlemore AA for Sandford weir & the meadows (I also joined Littlemore last June) but due to current Covid travel restrictions I haven't fished the meadows yet.
Hope to meet you on the bank when restrictions are finally lifted.
Sounds good mate 👍🏻 Always good to have another Oxfordshire angler on here. It’s certainly a great place with the Thames on our doorstep! There’s tons of water on those tickets. I think sandford in particular is right up there probably second to only medley as one of the best areas around here as it’s essentially 3 fisheries in one area.