• Winter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Autumn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

biggaz

Right guys, id be interested to know what you all think about this. After the recent hot weather, and the drop in water levels, (and the obvious drop in fish interested in taking my bait), which season would you prefer to fish? personally whilst sitting in front of a frozen lake in january, i was desperate for the warm weather. Thinking back though i think ive had some of my best days fishing in autumn/winter, or when the weathers cr*p!!

so what do you think??

Best Regards

Gary

"its never to late to be what you might have been"

sladey

Autumnn without a doubt, when them fish am packing the weight on for the winter.

Mermaid

Calamity Lin
Site Supporter
All of the above, the weather's not the problem, it's the clothing!

Linda

dward1996

Life Member
There's something magical about fishing in Winter, with ice/snow on the ground. The lakes can look stunning, and unlike in Summer, when you know that bites will be frequent, in the middle of Winter, you really have to work hard to get a bite. It gives you a real sense of achievement when you actually catch a fish!

Astounded Coach

WINTER..banks devoid of numpties and holiday `anglers`......Fish much bigger ......AFTER DECEMBER..last 3 months bring it on! (on the rivers)

dayoungchamp

got to be sping for me i catch loads in the spring especially tench at my local water

Godber

Priapism! ladies?
Site Supporter
Doesn't matter what season it is, just to get away from stresses at work, hyper kids and moaning wife is bliss but spring probably my favourite.

ojfrancis

spring/early summer, because all the fish asre fighting so hard.
i was pleasure fishing orchetion, and hooked into a big bream or carp, which decided to take my black hydro elastic 12m's out and then while i am trying to add a few more sections take the pole out of my hand, i was using 7lb 9oz micro plus line, straight through and the line snaped after 30mins of this fish dragging my pole around the lake while i ran the fastest i ever ran some to get the boat paddling with gale force winds, and only 1 paddle(hardly a paddle ony about 4inch wide), for 200/300m metres up the lake into the wind to get the pole back and realise i lost the fish, but at least i got the pole back. one day i will get my float back from that fish. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.