Seafood sticks.

Silver fan 82

A bit of a random question but has anyone tried these as bait? Was thinking along the lines of being similar to prawn?
I thought just cut a section off and put on a hair rig.

DFL

Site Supporter
You’ll have trouble keeping them intact, possible maybe with bait elastic but even then the crabs will strip them in an instant.

Silver fan 82

You’ll have trouble keeping them intact, possible maybe with bait elastic but even then the crabs will strip them in an instant.
I was thinking that maybe the texture would be a problem. Maybe I'll give them a miss and stick to prawns.

Gaz9243

Site Supporter
I have tried them as hookbait, but couldn’t keep the on long enough. I have in the past run them through a Korda crusher, and mixed them into my ground bait, which did seem to work. I was thinking about them the other week, and did contemplate making balls in armour mesh

Silver fan 82

I have tried them as hookbait, but couldn’t keep the on long enough. I have in the past run them through a Korda crusher, and mixed them into my ground bait, which did seem to work. I was thinking about them the other week, and did contemplate making balls in armour mesh
I think that may be a better option rather than using them on the hook because of the texture. Either armour mesh balls or even mixing into groundbait?

Gaz9243

Site Supporter
I think that may be a better option rather than using them on the hook because of the texture. Either armour mesh balls or even mixing into groundbait?

Another thought would be to band them. They are like long fibres that run lengthways, so a few 10mm lengths might be ok.
If I get out this week I’ll give it a go