Sea fishing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Festa

aka worker1
I have been out with a friend from the local fishing club sea fishing(Anlesea),he borrowed me a rod and reel ect.[:T]
I just turned up (Saturday)got on a boat and fished I had a great day out.[:D]
He mentioned that he goes 'wreck' fishing a couple of times a year on a boat (need eight people to charter it for the day)this really appeals to me.
I am going to buy some sea fishing tackle and go out sea fishing with him on a regular basis, could anyone recommend a decent rod and reel that won't break the bank but will last a couple of yrs[;)]

thnx in advance Col.

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
Originally posted by worker1
I just turned up (Saturday)got on a boat and fished I had a great day out.[:D]

Didn`t aynone mind you just getting on their boat, seems a bit cheeky to me. [:D][:W]

Steve_goral

Per Ardua Ad Astra
http://www.tacklebargains.co.uk/acatalog/Boat_and_Beach_Fishing_Kits.html

Can't vouch for the quality but the prices aren't bad.

steve1080

get on world sea fishing forum and ask on there someone will point you in the right direction

cant win

col [:W]you cant catch on a commercial what chance you got at sea [:p] dont take pea [;)]

Uncle Festa

aka worker1
Thanks lads
Oh and I can catch on a commercial just not very good at it.kick your ass on a canal tho' Karl.Lol

cess monkey

Theres a multitude of boat gear availabe now and most of it is up to the job, even the cheaper gear is better than it was 10 years ago.I use a penn power stick 30/50 and a 330gt reel for jigging and heavy bait work. For jellyworming and shadding i use a penn giller thriller and a 555gs.
A lot depends on the type of fishing you are going to be doing and the species you are targeting.Mainwarings, glasgow angling and veals are good suppliers but the one i`ve used most of all is gerry`s of morecambe, i have used them all and the service is pretty good.
Get yourself a copy of sea angler and you`ll be able to compare prices

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo
If you buying a boat set up with wrecking in mind,get a 9'6" uptider[:T]That should cover most(if not all) boat fishing around north west and Wales[:T]Reel wise,get a Abu7000 type of reel with level winding[:T]

Uncle Festa

aka worker1
Cheers Ray do you know if Ted Carters do the tackle you've mentioned in your post,approx cost??
I take it you do a bit from your profile picture.
Col

cess monkey

Have a look at this http://www.gerrysfishing.com/shop_details.asp?productID=9984&tabID=55s theres loads of combo offers including uptide outfits, give them a ring because not so long back you could get 2 combo`s for 70 its worth an ask!

wokkie

Riccardo El Paxo
Originally posted by worker1

Cheers Ray do you know if Ted Carters do the tackle you've mentioned in your post,approx cost??
I take it you do a bit from your profile picture.
Col
I do a bit of boats as well as shore[:I]And I got a charter trip from Rhyl next Tuesday for tope,smoothhound and bass[:D]

Yes,Ted Carter should have plenty of them[:T]Think the nearest to you and sell quite a bit of decent sea tackles is Moreton Angling.Just go in asking Chris Douglas[:T]He should be able to do you a decent deal[:T]
Personally,I would not buy a cheap starter kits if money is no objection because the tackles got to be good enough to deal with the heavy work especially wrecking and uptiding[:0]Over the years,had seen so many cheap and nasty tackles blown up under a bit of pressure.The Abu range of uptiders are very good for the money[:T]
Think 100,or may be a bit extra should get you a pretty decent set of rod and reel,plus they have the re-sell value[:T]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.