Sea fishing (North West/Wales)

duudiz

Stream stalker
I’m not sure how many of you fellas fish the sea but hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction.

I am based in Crewe, Cheshire and don’t fancy travelling too far. What is the closest/easiest place to access where I could fish off some rocks with a spinning rod.

I have never fished the sea before but fancy giving it a bash.

Ryan

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
If you don’t mind a bit of a drive Anglesey has a very good reputation for sea fishing. No idea about English sea fishing other than down south.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
As Silverfish says, Anglesey has some fantastic fishing from shore, for spinning i'd try the breakwater, seen some cracking fish come to lures off there!

You could try NewBrighton, casting into the Mersey but that can be really hit and miss for lure fishing

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
hi have fished on holyhead breakwater quite a bit with bait and float fishing they do catch mackeral on feathers and herring in the winter trouble is now the start of the breakwater they have put a gate there so you can no longer drive down and fish near your car and its a a long walk to end
penmon point is a beach rock mark with car park and cafe do have to pay to get in though
moelfre is a rock mark which has flat rocks can try spinning or feathers.
one website to try for venue and directions is wirral sea fishing, only fished mersey when boat fishing
like i said i only bait fish not tried spinners

bigdavewsf

You could try NewBrighton, casting into the Mersey but that can be really hit and miss for lure fishing

you really are wasting your time lure fishing at new brighton, further round towards hoylake they occasionally catch mackeral on feathers...but it is only on the odd occasion

toryboy

The gate was open on the breakwater last week. Can't remember seeing it closed if I'm honest.

DAMFLASK CHRIS

Site Supporter
hi i am going on the last couple of years when we have gone out on charter boats from holyhead harbour never seen any cars on the breakwater like you could in past i know the gate is open for matches im not local just reading reports that say you cant drive down any more didnt want somone taking car down and getting gate locked behind them thats all

duudiz

Stream stalker
Thanks for the information lads, will check out your suggestions as I am keen to get out there and catch something different.