Scuppered plans

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Well... after storm Alex, I was hoping to get out on the bank tomorrow for a few hours, but thats been kicked into touch... We needed to get a spark in to trace a random fault, rewire our shower, and a couple of other little jobs... Now I've gotta go to the bank and get cash out to cover the bill (its a discount for cash...)
I was going to try for a decent Perch with some Prawns and Maggots... The electrician is coming Weds and Thursday... so thats my week screwed... could maybe try for Friday if he's finished and not wrecked the place.... ho hum...!!!

Arry

Site Supporter
Not tonight.... Beef Jalfrezi basmati rice and poppadoms... tomorrow Pork belly slices new potatoes and mixed veg, Weds... home made smoked haddock fishcakes and salad, Thurs and Friday... not decided yet

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
You can't pay cash for a job :eek:

Think of the economy man !

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Never used prawns as bait, I suppose you just buy ordinary cooked ones? Also I suppose just about everything will scoff them.

PJ Rothwell

Site Supporter
Well... after storm Alex, I was hoping to get out on the bank tomorrow for a few hours, but thats been kicked into touch... We needed to get a spark in to trace a random fault, rewire our shower, and a couple of other little jobs... Now I've gotta go to the bank and get cash out to cover the bill (its a discount for cash...)
I was going to try for a decent Perch with some Prawns and Maggots... The electrician is coming Weds and Thursday... so thats my week screwed... could maybe try for Friday if he's finished and not wrecked the place.... ho hum...!!!
Have you had much success with prawns? Seems like it should be a deadly bait but I have never caught on it.

Arry

Site Supporter
You can't pay cash for a job :eek:

Think of the economy man !
Sadly a saving of £200 when my mrs is under threat of redundancy makes it imperative I try to save as much as I can... sorry if that clashes with your ideals Dave, but it's life... and tjis hoise comes first before the economy.... take some solace from the fact that one way or another they'll have "Shylock's Share" outta me at some point....