Scrooge

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
So who's is your favourite, i have just enjoyed watching mine, the late great George C Scott got to admit i do think Bill Murrays version is brilliant but his character isn't called Scrooge ;)

A close second to George is Patrick Stewart but as an "old school" Shakespearean actor he made the part perfect, and then the "original" Alastair Sim, although when he looks in the mirror i can't help but point out the production team standing behind him ;)

Wise Owl

Account Locked
To be Honest i aint seen non of em But the original Fagin in Oliver reminds me of Scrooge and Blackadders portrayal (y)

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Got to agree with you Trogg George C Scott made that part his. Although a certain ' poor ' pensioner from South Kirkby, West Yorkshire comes a close second. ???

nejohn

Site Supporter
Anyone but the latest BBC pc correct offering ruined a traditional feel good Christmas story by trying to put a pc slant on it

Chervil

Site Supporter
Anyone but the latest BBC pc correct offering ruined a traditional feel good Christmas story by trying to put a pc slant on it
I really enjoyed the BBC one. I read a Christmas Carol every year and it is only just over 100 pages long, so Dickens didn't, imho, have the space to give the characters any depth. I liked the background that the BBC put in. As for being PC, apart from Mrs Cratchit being black, anything which starts with someone peeing on a grave and has Mrs Cratchit, stripping off, because she thinks Scrooge wants to have sex with her for money, is hardly PC.

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
I did think that Guy Pearce was excellent as Scrooge in the BBC1 Christmas Carol this year and much more believable portrayal of a Victorian boss to a younger (than me) audience. Funnily enough I have had some bosses just like him.