Screen protector Samsung S20 recomendations

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Has anyone any recommendations for a good unbreakable glass screen protector that will fit a Samsung S20?

I bought a flexible one, bullet proof, same as I had on a previous S7, and it looked poor and soon attracted dust under the edges.

I bought a super dooper hard clear glass screen protector that cracked

I bought a cheaper one, also hard glass that as also cracked ... the problem is the phones flex if you put them in your back pocket and sit down, then the SP breaks

So any ideas before I just leave them off altogether and take my chances ?

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Glass is Best more expensive but best i had one on my last phone for 2 year.

feldri

Site Supporter
Buy a shirt with a breast pocket and put the phone in that. :p:)

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I keep banging on to anyone who'll listen... the best cases are Otterbox... they are bulky and fairly expensive, (about £30) but I dropped my old Samsung note 4 out of the cab of a hi bay truck (about 35') it hit every rack and pallet on the way down and landed face down on concrete... when I got down I expected the worst but it was fine... not a bloomin mark... my Note 9 has an Otterbox case fitted can't knock it...

Kev86

Gave a look at this one Dave I've got one on my S20 plus they are brilliant

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200903-230813_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20200903-230813_eBay.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 6

Philocalist

Dave, with the S20 (and some other top-end phones) check VERY carefully that there is not already a factory-installed screen-saver in place on receipt. I believe yours has (mine has, as did the previous phones, a Huawei and another Samsung) I only discovered this each time by direct contact with the UK end of the manufacturers tech support - your provider / local shop likely has no clue, at best will take a guess, and at worst simply deny it. IF you have one in place, they are so well fitted (in my experience) as to be virtually invisible even under scrutiny. They perform very, very well BUT don't play well with other screen protectors - what I mean by that is that if you are unaware that a screen protector is already in place, and try to instal another on top, it DOES cause problems of all kinds.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'll check that but I'm sure it hasn't

It's currently got a Speck hardcase protector which protects against drops and bangs but I haven't seen anything about a factory fit front screen protector

rudd

Site Supporter
I keep banging on to anyone who'll listen... the best cases are Otterbox... they are bulky and fairly expensive, (about £30) but I dropped my old Samsung note 4 out of the cab of a hi bay truck (about 35') it hit every rack and pallet on the way down and landed face down on concrete... when I got down I expected the worst but it was fine... not a bloomin mark... my Note 9 has an Otterbox case fitted can't knock it...
I have an otter box in real tree pink 😂
1599207359721-1632292784.jpg

rudd

Site Supporter
For glass me and whole family use these which are cheap on ebay and do a good job.
Two in a pack and thing to remember is they are designed to break saving your screen! 1599207904776490755121.jpg