Scramble For Top Choice of Pegs ?

Scribe

Official Supplier of Pork Pies to the Drowners
Site Supporter
That old boy is probably my good friend Barbelcatcher Peter!
It's bad enough on foot, but it's a devil trying to keep him in sight when you're following across fields in the car, and he's got a sniff of the river!

Dust.jpg
Cardiac hill ? :)

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Tbf whenever I arrive at a stretch of river I always have a quick scan of the carpark to see how many of the cars look likely to be anglers thus potential preferred swim occupiers. Flawed plan really as I’m always looking for vans, estates, suvs and 4x4s when some anglers drive little cars as well like me in my fiesta but I can’t help but do it! Then if there’s another angler in the carpark getting his gear out it’s always a race to be ready before them. I’ll draw a line at overtaking another angler on route to a swim though as that’s probably a bit passive aggressive 😅

All daft really as there’s not often many anglers around at the time I arrive and when there are some there they’re rarely in the pegs I’ve planned on fishing. Out of 19 river sessions this season I’ve only failed to get the swim I’ve had in mind for the day on 3 or 4 occasions from memory.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Anyone remember the hot water outflow peg on the canal by Stanton Ironworks?

Fartacus

Site Supporter
I tend to fish places others don't venture to it's my way of thinking I then have the pick of the pond
this usually works if the fish able pegs are taken which it never has been I then have a canal to fish in
I TRY VERY HARD to avoid places that have carp.

solwood

Site Supporter
It also helps if people read the rules

When Cemex controlled a stretch of the Lea, I got there at 6am on Christmas day was happily fishing when at 7am another angler arrived and greeted me with you can't be fishing already we can't fish until 7am

No hello
No happy Christmas

I replied I have a night ticket mate it's fine

No it isn't he replies

Have you read the rules, an hour before stated sunrise and 90 mins after sunset I reply

No it isn't he says

Read the book then come back and apologise, oh and happy Christmas mate

30 minutes later he comes back, so sorry mate, I never knew that and I have had a night ticket for years!!!

RTFM