Scott's Izaak Walton Match "THE REPORT"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Date : 12/10/02
Venue: Izaak Walton Fisheries
Time : 10.30am till 4pm

Scott has asked me to do this report for his match so grab a coffee and read on. [;)][;)]
[:)][:)]It's also a bit picture heavy[:)][:)]

Following Scott's enjoyment of THE SUMMER [;)]"BAGGUP"[;)] SERIES Scott made the decision to have a go at organising a small match on his local water Izaak Walton Fisheries in Staffordshire, and so the Middle Pool was booked for Saturday 12th October.

An open invitation was posted on both Maggotdrowning & the Total-Fishing website to see how many people were interested in fishing the event.

Scott ended up with 10 names on the list (plus RED to watch [:)])

"Now is a good time to sip your coffee"[;)]

Now for those that have read my reports in the past you will already know that something normally happens to sustain my title of "THE JINX" and yes you've guessed correct "THE JINX" raised it's head for this event in a few different ways.

"THE JINX IN ACTION"

1)..I arrive 20 Min's late to pick Steve up. [:I]
2)..The other 2 that were to follow me from Rugby did not show. [:(!]
3)..End up leaving Rugby hr late. [:(]
4)..M6 shut at Spaghetti Junction (detour cross country). [:0][V][:(]
5)..Arrive at Fishery at 9.15am (should have drawn at 9am). [:0][:0]

"AND THE ABOVE WERE JUST THE THINGS BEFORE THE EVENT"

Now have a drop more coffee and stop laughing and i'll get on with it [:D][:D][:D]

After Phoning Scott and letting him know i was running late he held up the draw till me and Steve arrived.[;)][;)]

After the intro's to the guy's that had turned up from Total-Fishing (all the way from Warrington) Scott made the draw.

In the end there were only 8 of us that turned up made up of the following :

4 from Total-Fishing
Neil (aka SCRUBBA)
Phil (aka BLANKA)
Jeff
John

4 from Maggotdrowning
Nick (aka POLEPOT)
Scott
Steve
Malc (and RED)

From the left Neil, Jeff, Scott, Phil, Steve and Nick (dont know where John was and i'm behind the camera) [:D]
Datafile2.jpg

Well now onto the fishing which as is normal ("THE JINX") when i'm around was a bit on the slow side.
As there were only 8 of us Scott pegged it around the small island on the car park end as this is the only real feature on the pool.

As it is only a small pool as the picture below shows it was a mini Pole Alley. (thought Trogg would like this one [;)]) thats John in the foreground.
Datafile2.jpg

And just to show that us on the other side of the island were also on the pole (Nick in the foreground and Neil in the back ground)
Datafile2.jpg
Well as i say the fishing was not brilliant and the wind managed to make it's self known as it blew straight down the pool from the car park for most of the day but at least the rain stayed away and the sun shone.

As for the result Scott came good on his local water with a small fish attack (well done Scott) as the carp did not really show.

I know your getting bored now so i'll get on with it [;)][;)]

The Result

Scott....17lb 6oz..(MD)
Malc.....15lb 1oz..(MD)
Neil.......10lb 14oz.(TF)
Jeff.......10lb 9oz..(TF)
Steve.....7lb 8oz..(MD)
John......5lb 5oz..(TF)
Phil........4lb 15oz.(TF)
Nick.......D.N.W....(MD)

Total weight caught was 71lb 10oz

And as there were 4 of us from each website i've also broke it down into website weights.

Maggotdrowning.com.....39lb 15oz
Total-Fishing.com.........31lb 11oz

Sadly as you can see by the result Nick failed to weigh in although he did put a couple of Skimmers in his net.[:(][:(]
So yes once again "THE JINX" put in another appearance.[:(][:(]

Scott with 2 carp for 6lb 10oz (he also had 10lb 12oz of silvers)
Datafile2.jpg

Jeff with mixed net for 10lb 9oz..............Steve's 7lb 8oz net of silver's

Datafile2.jpg .................. Datafile2.jpg

Phil's 4lb 15oz net of silver's

Datafile2.jpg

Neils 4lb 14oz of silver's (he also had 6lb of carp)

Datafile2.jpg

Malc's 5 carp for 13lb 5oz (also had 4 skimmers for 1lb 12oz) (with the help of RED)

Datafile2.jpg

Well i think that about covers it except to say cheers Scott for arranging the day.

Although the fishing was hard i still enjoyed the day and there were no problems on the drive home thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Maggotdrowning.com.....39lb 15oz
Total-Fishing.com.........31lb 11oz

[:D] Oh yes in deeed-dee [:D]

Sounds like a good day though Malc,

Well done everyone.

Now here's a suggestion, fancy organising a match between various websites for a bit of fun?
I once tried to start something like this in the early days but it did'nt take off, now might be in with a better chance

Dave

ray

well in scott.
dont fish match's dave but it's a good idea, would probably turn up to offer a bit of moral support.

a fool and his litter are soon parted.
original "clean banks campaign" slogan.

Polepot

Poles
Scott - Thanks for the day,

Malc - Thanks for the write up, but you could have left my attendance out.

Seroiusly the Jinx does not concern me, it is only my own inability to catch fish that bought about another DNW but in my first season I have only had 4 DNW's and on 3 of them the Jinx was there ? um maybe it should.

Poles

Great info, great guys, great fun, thats Maggot Drowners

scott essery

'Silver man'
Id like to say a HUGE thanks to Malc for doing such a great write up and more than impressive impersonation of David Bailey.[8D]

It was great fun organising the match (what did you say after the competition Malc, people must be odd who like organising competitions?!! . let the MDs make their own mind up on that one!) Thanks for everyone who turned up and im just sorry we couldnt get the carp feeding. I know silver fish bashing isnt everyone cup of tea and it would have been good to round the season off with a few more fish than we had in the summer. Eh Malc [;)]

As Malc rightly pointed out, the four TF guys were really nice, but god knows what they made of us and especially RED.[:p]

Malc, I recon you were just getting your own back for Moorlands when I turned up a touch late. What are you like ! [:D]

A fella called Robbo from TF has offered a prize of a kg of worm to the person we think deserves it the most. I was going to award it to someone who did an outstanding or memorable feat, but as no one fell in and it was too cold for Malc to have a swim im stumped.[?]

Any suggestions will be more than welcome

Dave

Great idea getting an inter site competition, but after all the hassle of this one, Ill let someone else organise it!!!![;)][:I][:D]

Nick

Sorry you had to drive all this way with so little to show for it. I really appreciated your help and morel support at the draw (boy was I panicking at one point, thinking it would be a 2 man match!) If your going to fish from now until March, its worth trying the chopped worm.

Thanks again to everyone who turned up and helped. Maybe we could do it again some time???? [8D]

scrubba

Well Done Malc, cracking write up, the pictures look great as well, hope none of our ugly mugs damaged the camera. A big thank you to Scott for taking the painstaking trouble to organise it. I help out organizing our club matches, it always difficult to please everyone, and for some reason if people don't catch it's all your fault? Thank you also to the other people who made the effort to turn up, hopefully an event like this can grow in the future. OK the fishing was not great but it is to be expected at this time of year, especially following the cold nights we had preceding the event. Hope to see you again in the future. Tight Lines. Scrubba[:)]

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
Well done Scott for the organising of the event and winning.Sorry I could not make it but she who must be obeyed overruled.See you soon.

Malc,
Good report and decent photos.Still having problems though but a second should help you get back into it.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well done Everyone.
Looks as if a good time was had by all.
Nice report Malc.

Peter.

Make Friends,Go Maggotdrowning.

MALC

Nick

The "JINX" works in mysterious ways

Joking aside though Nick 3 D.N.W in your first year is nothing to be worried about i've suffered 4 so far since January and i've been match fishing for about 22 years and i'll get a few more before next year i exspect.

Scott

Don't worry about the carp not playing as we all fished how we wanted to.
Dont forget you had given us all the info regards the Silverfish stocks and we all fish differently.[:)]

As Steve and me both mentioned afterwards the way we fish individual matches on waters that hold carp is Carp or nothing and we expect to blow out every so often (Steve's turn at Izaak's to blowout).[;)][;)]

Me i cannot complain as i was pleased to get 15lb+ (and 2nd) and stick to my gun's and fish how i wanted.[:D][:D]

Regards people being odd & weired that like to run matches just look at me i LOVE organising them (and getting all the stick afterwards) and i take a little cuddly RED toy with me (think that says it all).[:D][;)][:D][;)]

Scrubba

Nice to have met you (still recon i've seen you before) and the Warrington Wanders, hopefully do it again some time in the future.

Keith

It would be boring if everything went smooth

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Blanka

Finally got round to logging on, and to say thanks Scott.
It was great to fish a new venue and with some new people, and even though i didn't catch any carp (nothing new for me) i still enjoyed the day.
Hope we can get together and have another match sometime and get some more anglers to turn up so the organiser isn't out of pocket.

Cheers
Phil.

P.S Good website.

Status
Not open for further replies.