Scottish Independence

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Everything that happens in politics is just a charade to me, sorry if that sounds negative, but this is just the latest that denounces any faith I might have had in the system. No majority had realistically even heard of UKIP or the SNP despite them being about for decades before state propaganda pushed them to the top of their agenda.
Everything that happens is just a charade, could not agree more.

Mountain_picnic_blues

The Darling of Wapping Wharf Launderette
Site Supporter
And in todays news...

Former SNP MP Natalie McGarry JAILED for two years for embezzling ยฃ25k from pro-independence groups

Maybe they could syphon some of the covid money to help one of nippys friends ๐Ÿ™„

Rob F

Site Supporter
Personally, for my two penneth worth, I think everything great that we've achieved over the past couple or so centuries, has been achieved as Great Britain, aka the United Kingdom, - the sum of it's parts. The Whole entity. Why does any body think that any of those countries could do better standing alone?

The simple administrative cost of an independence settlement would be huge, and we'd all be paying for it! And then the economic follow up!

All the stand alone nations would have to rebuild their own economies to a degree, and I fear we'd all end up as some northern hemisphere banana republics off the west coast of Europe. Where would we be looking toward because none would be able to stand in full isolation. England would undoubtedly fare the least worst, possibly playing on our special relationship? Scotland would struggle, would the EU really want to know? Wales???

As for patriotism, well a little patriotism and national pride is no bad thing - until it get's highjacked. But patriotism is also, as Johnson said, the last refuge of the scoundrel, or politicians with no other recourse to get their own way!

United we stand!!! Divided?????????

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
"Meanwhile, deaths from โ€œdrug-relatedโ€ causes have soared, reaching a record high for the seventh year in a row as more people die from drug misuse in Scotland than anywhere else in the developed world."

Just on this point alone and if it is true what is the SNP doing about it and how will they be able to address it when they will see a lack of general funding when going it alone

And this is just one of many points.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
cost plan.jpg

John Step

Site Supporter
I donโ€™t deny any of your points ... but it is still logically flawed for brexiters to not support a referendum.
I support Brexit wholeheartedly. I would not deny Scottish independence if thats the way a referendum went. I just think its a shame. Brexiteers have feelings too!;)