school years memories

Total

Site Supporter
I thoroughly enjoyed my school years, many happy memories.....Catholic Secondary school was a bit of an eye opener though....Headmaster was an evil, sadistic sod, etc etc :confused:

Final day when we all went to get our final report at said Headmasters office (unnecessary 'cruelty chamber' :unsure:).....He shook my hand and muttered final words.....To which I replied, Looking at him squarely in both eyes... "Thank you Sir, this school has taught me to respect my fellow man/woman without unnecessary evil....".....His reply....."You've learned well Master Mark".......He knew, that I knew etc, etc

.......12 months later news reached me through the grapevine he'd suffered an 'Unprovoked' attack that ended his Headmaster years......'Unprovoked'......My rear end.....:(

Last edited:

crusty

At Junior school, the headmistress was Mrs Walker, a proper Miss Trunchbull, whose only redeeming feature was that she had a load of Turner paintings on the wall outside her office, so I got to look at them quite a bit.
When I was about 7 me and the girl across the street got our picture taken for a feel-good story in the Bolton Evening News, everyone said awww how nice. But not Mrs Walker, because in the picture we were holding hands.
She had us on stage in front of the whole school and ripped us apart for our lack of morality.

Ian.

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
I went to school with a girl I fancied who became my girlfriend at the age of 13. We have been married for 34 years and still love one another just the same.

Similar to me, although ahead of me by a few years; I started going out with my good lady as we started 6th form, and had our 20th Wedding Anniversary 10 days ago.

Attached to the other side of the thread, I clearly hated school so much that I chose to spend my career working in one!

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh 6 week Holidays the time i can honestly say i was outta the house more than i was in.

Yep, out on bikes, fishing, camping...anything other than being cooped up in the house all day....and now the parents can't get their kids out of the house!!

Attached to the other side of the thread, I clearly hated school so much that I chose to spend my career working in one!

Yeah but, to be fair, we all know you have a mental problem ;)

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
Finest moment.... at 5'4" in me final year I was bullied mercilessly by an @rsehole of a fellow pupil.... right up until I chaired him... nobody ever cam near me again for some reason... the head teacher called me old man in and tried to tell him off over my behaviour... that didn't go exactly to plan, as the old man said if I came home with any more injuries, he'd chair the head teacher... then the old man took me to the cricket match and said he was proud of me.... bless the old fellah

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
My most vivid memory of school was being bullied on the school bus by a boy named Peter Buck (and I hope he sues me for libel). I can honestly say that if I had a chance to 'dispose' of him without being caught I would do so, 60 years later. I think school bullying is one of the worst crimes (for that is what it is) that our so-called civilised country still turns a blind eye to if it can.

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh 6 week Holidays the time i can honestly say i was outta the house more than i was in.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh indeed W/O,early sixties when we would organise a gang of us to cycle from Kilnhurst to Cleethorpes with tents,sleeping bags,billy cans primus stoves ect hanging off the the bikes or off us,it was 65 miles, we'd pitch the tent at the side of the road between Humberstone and Cleethorpes and stay there until we ran out of money,favourite trick was to go into the shop on the local caravan site with a billy can in our hand,you could fit a packet of digestive biscuits in it nicely ;) ;),as for school I hated it and 'wagged' as many days off to go caddying as I could,I got pretty good at forging my mums signature.