School Tuition Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wormzalot

Maver Man
Hi all,

Im currrently working within a high school in north east Leeds. As part of the schools end of term activity days I have asked if I could organise a fishing day.

Does anybody know any organisation that offers activities like this for high school children? I have already asked get hooked on fhsing but they have no projects in our area.

Cheers

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
I think there would be too much hassle with insurance and Health & Safety issues for any fisheries to be interested. My local cubs & scout group tried to start a "fishing badge" to go with the host of other "badges", but the idea was shelved after mumblings from parents and worried scout leaders.

Wormzalot

Maver Man
i feared that tbh Brian,

the school is happy for me to pursue it, however like you said its finding a fishery that would agree to it :(

I just want a days fishing that I get paid for lol!

spanky

Irregular Member
Site Supporter
Might be worth reaching out to a few local clubs. My local club used to jump at chances like this as most junior sections in the area are struggling.

Elf and safety has made this more of an issue, but you might get lucky, especially if the club has its own waters.

methodgob

yoda
Try contacting Wakefield angling club or Peter Mischenko at the Environment agency, Phoenix house Leeds.
I'm sure one or both will be able to help you out.

bigdavewsf

google "get hooked on fishing in the north east", if anybody can help they will

tallboyjim

knows nowt
Account Locked
I'd like to think this would be right up the angling trusts alley. Dont know for sure though.

pmdirectuk

Should check more!
What aboput Lindholme?? Its a very safe and secure place with great facilities! Check www.lindholmelakes.co.uk

The chap there to speak to is called Neil. He may help??

pourerkev

s****horpe pisces angling club mate , they are doing kids coaching for schools right through the year
fully qualified coaches

buygoodtackle

Go to the Angling Trust web-site, they will have details of coaches in your area and of how to become a coach

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Originally posted by Neil ofthe nene

Check out the "Go Fishing Month" section on the EA website.

Sorry, it was AT that are dealing with National Fishing Month.

http://www.nationalfishingmonth.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.