Scary.

62tucker

Site Supporter
I have just drove up to my cabs van for the weekend. On the A1 going north from Newcastle. When driving up a lorry in front suddenly served into outside lane. I followed him. The car in front of him had hazards lights on and was pulling onto grass verge.
The idiots bonnet had came up and was covering his windscreen ?. I bet he s**t himself.
Be careful out there. Lots of surface water today and spare off lorry’s was bad.

dezzatheblue

Was it a Renault by chance?
Had that happen years ago in a work clip, apparently there was a recall because the bonnet was unlocking.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
It happened to me once. I’d only been driving a few week. I checked oil and water and put bonnet down but not properly down. My plan was to fill the washer water bottle but I forgot about it when I got in doors. A while later i driving down the main road and whoosh it shot up. Kack my pants I did

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've had it happen and like others said it catches you out, not just the lack of vision but the suddenness and noise.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I had it happen on an old rover 216, the bonnet skin actually peeled off the frame and bent itself over the windscreen!