Scam Alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

allthegearnoide

"SCAM ALERT" please be careful if you get an eail telling you to renew your banking details or anything else to do with online banking check the email address and ask you bank i had one this morning from Tsb telling me to renew my online banking details
but the email it came from was "Llodys tsb" not "Lloyds" if in doubt dont do it
your bank will never email you about your bank details they will write to you

matty67

hablando espanol
I used to get these all the time, from HSBC, lloyds TSB, Halifax etc, in fact most banking institutions except my own bank...!
Try setting the spam filter or blocked/safe sender filter on your email account to exclusive, this way it will automatically delete spam/phishing.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Make sure you ring your bank and report this. They can get the servers involved with sending out the scam emails closed down.

Its called Phishing.
If you go onto any banking website information will be on the site about dealing with these mails, better to copy the mail to the bank concerend easier for them to deal with it, if you phone them, they will only ask you to do it anyway.

I have had 29 mails this year from my bank asking for details all copied to the Phishing team at the bank.

Hatman

Drawbag ace
Originally posted by matty67

I used to get these all the time, from HSBC, lloyds TSB, Halifax etc, in fact most banking institutions except my own bank...!
Try setting the spam filter or blocked/safe sender filter on your email account to exclusive, this way it will automatically delete spam/phishing.

These filters aren't safe, the rules that they use wrongly identify legit email as spam. I used a commercial company that promised 100% accuracy and found that they positively identified some emails as spam & as a result caused peoples job applications to be placed in the spam store.

I was relieved that I'd chosen to store rather than delete what their filter identified as spam, it was too late for the job applications but at least I knew to stop using their services!

The same applies for the optional filter in Outlook, it makes lots of errors!

Larry

Lazarus
I get these all the time i just use Mailwasher Free to read all my mails first before i download them.I always send them on to my bank as well.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
i'm with Lloydstsb and NEVER click any link sent in an email i always go to the site saved in my faves list

The last one i reported they already knew about and had put a security bulletin on their website about it but because i always go straight to the log in page i hadn't seen it

Status
Not open for further replies.