Scaled down Ronnie Rig

Maverick

Site Supporter
Maximum size hook we can use is a size 10 barbless.

Does anyone use a scaled down Ronnie Rig using a size 10 curved hook? If so what scaled down components do you use to make the rig? The norm seems to be size 8 swivels, QC connectors etc.

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
The link swivels are the sticking point.... they are too big to go through eye of a size ten... what I would do is use a short soft link on the end of a stiff boom...(maybe an inch) it's almost like a Ronnie, the difference being a soft link from the boom instead of a link swivel

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
I would go with Arry and use a hinge rig instead of a Ronnie
This way you can make rigs with longer lengths to find what is working best for a pop up

1574098476490.png

1574098544419.png

rudd

Site Supporter
The link swivels are the sticking point.... they are too big to go through eye of a size ten... what I would do is use a short soft link on the end of a stiff boom...(maybe an inch) it's almost like a Ronnie, the difference being a soft link from the boom instead of a link swivel
Tbh Arry, the swivel on any size ronnie rig are a major sticking point!
Swivels just dont swivel as freely as most think they do. ?

Arry

Site Supporter
The problem I was alluding too was the fact that a link swivel will probably not fit into the eye of a size 10...( not without a bit of surgery anyway) but you are right swivels are a bit hit ot miss...

Arry

Site Supporter
Yup... they work well... (y)