Sausage Rusk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wey Back

Suvern Softee!
In the dim and distant past we used sausage rusk as part of our groundbait mix, fortunately one our fishing group was the son of our local butcher who made his own sausages and unknowingly supplied us with rusk[;)]

Most sausages are now sourced from major stores although there are still some butchers that make their own sadly none around here, does anyone know of a source of the rusk other than the main manufacturers.

Probably more to the point does anyone still use it? or has it been consigned to the history of angling[:(]

Cheers Mick

Datafile2.gif

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
Hi Mick [:)]

Try this site it's a butchers supply they sell sacks of rusk pretty cheap. [:)]
25Kg sack appx 15.99

www.scobiesdirect.com

They take plastic cards and you can buy on-line. [:D][8D]

Datafile2.asp

Steve
Born To Fish
Forced To Work

Last edited:

chubber

HI mick,
Fool that i am i have used sausage rusk in the past bought it from my local butcher for about 50p/per pound. Stopped using it though because it was very messy and would fill the fish up very quickly.If your interested in baits from the past(they stil work today)Sausage meat in its raw form makes an ideal paste for the pole it can be stiffened with a little crumb for rod and line superb bait for most species especialy carp/barbel if your a roving river angler try this, Take a nice slice of melon with you enjoy the flesh and place the skin in a nice damp location all the slugs you can use will come to you rather than you searching for them.having just proof read this now i know im crazy.......[:eek:)]

Larry

Lazarus
That remind's of Sausage meat i'l have to try it again on my clubs pool .When they banned surface fihing i had a load of Chum mixers left
so my wife ground them up in a blender &made me a paste with Sausage meat the sort you get in rolls in al super market's. I had great success for about 2 mths using it in balls of paste made like a boilie.s . Didnt cook then just used meat raw

Datafile2.asp

Anyone who stops learning is old.
Wether at 20 or 80.
Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
Cheer's Larry AKA as toma say's Shimano Man The Tackle Tart

Wey Back

Suvern Softee!
Thanks for your replies, that link to Scobies looks good Steve I am sure I will make use of that.

I do use Percy Chapmans which give good service but could not find Sausage Rusk in their products.

We get enough slugs on our lawn Chubber, some people say that they are attracted to a saucer of beer but what sort of person would waste beer like that[V]

My favourite species is Tench and I still tend to fish for them in the old fashioned way lift method with worm on a No8, truth is I started back last season after a 25 year break so still fish the same way! works for me[:)]

Thanks again,
Mick

Datafile2.asp

ken age 63

' Gin & Tonic '
Larry,ive read on a few threads that surfice fishing had been band,?? can you tell me why??if i had to stop on a small lake that i use,i would have a lot less fish than i do,i really dont under stand why these things get band,this lake has a lot of lilly pads,i quite often cast a lump of crust on a lilly leaf, the carp seem to trust it, and just suck it off,

A river is water in its loveliest form ;;

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Ken it's normally banned cause some p***s cant be bothered to keep an eye on their floating baits and end up catching more waterfowl than fish[:(!]

Peter.
Datafile3.asp

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

ken age 63

' Gin & Tonic '
thank Peter,there is allways some przzzts about,it a shame its a good way to catch big carp,do you now ive never seen a mallard here one or two moorhens and the odd coot,nothing on the lake i go to , but the odd snake and the blzzzdy terpins,now there do take the floating bread,but that keeps you alert,thay blzzzdy stink,lol

A river is water in its loveliest form ;;

dave k

i was in the meat trade for 20 years and used to deliver to a lot of butchers.

one of them used to order sausage rusk for me with his order [:D] it was a lot cheaper than the normal rusk as they bagged it up especally for anglers with all the fine rusk etc. it was lucas foods that supplied it. i think they are now part of the spillers group. [?]

Dave Kennedy
http://usscangling.homestead.com/entry.html

Status
Not open for further replies.