Saturday night, Sunday Morning

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
Gave up on here early last night, couldnt really do with the outrage,

poured another beer, skinned another one up and went and watched a fillum, what it was about I have no idea, fell asleep far from the end

had far more on my mind than getting uptight about protests, as wenches brother in law was at that moment being admitted to the conquest hospital in hastings and was not well at all, nice bloke, retired now but had spent all his working life in customs, a proper customs man, not a desk job, even had pictures of him in uniform armed with a ceromonial sword

aint been well for a while now, been fighting prostate cancer and a few other bits, so as you can see, what else was happening in the world, didnt mean sheet compared

up early this morn, slightly befuddled, left her with "une tass de tea" and buggered off out with himself, out onto the cliffs and a fine morning it is, one of those morning where I get the urge to rip all my clothes off and run around neked as nature intended (yes I know)

Sat on a bench with the lookers in my hand and scanned the narrow sea while tuppence worth searched the bushes, watching the ships go bye, chatted to the other owners of various mutts that came awandering past and eventually got off my ass for the walking home

got in, coffee, on the go, when the trilling of the communication device alerted me to the fact that Irish steve wanted a word, I was out this after doing a bit of work for him, couple hours, not much, slightly more tech job than his usual bash it till it fits stuff,

answering the said device, its him, mick mick, tis sunday, I forgot what day it was, can we switch it till tomorrow, conversation ensued in that I did wonder what a good catholic boy like himself was doing working on the lords day when he rang me yesterday and asked if i would assist today anyway and the appointment was changed

he then asked if I was in for the morn, to which I replied yes, I was meant to be working and aint thought of owt else to do since it was cancelled (typical Irish eh ?)

I'll be round in half hour states he

and duly so he was, I had had two coffees by then and was suitably fortified to chat with the man with the high speed voice, door knocked and the willowy wild haired celt stood there clutching two rod bags and a holdall full of carbon and glass

Mick Mick, I found these in a flat that a tenant had left and we are working on, would you like them, now being a man that knows a gift horse is just that, thanks were exchanged and the items thrust into my hands

See you tomorrow was the parting shout and off he goes

into the back room via the kitchen for another java, fag rolled and an inspection begins, all of them are sea rods, beachcasters to be precise, the majority are your fladen type of things but sat sitting in one of the bags is a Daiwa Paul Kerry Moonraker in fairly good nick, most nicey nice

during my inspection, I hear wenches phone going, and she comes a tumbling down the stairs with news of the said telephone call, Old Tom the brother in law aint got the covid and is to be released home later today, tears in her eyes, a quick cuddle is given and another tea made for the relieved old bird

not a bad sunday so far

mickthechippy

space cadet
Staff member
Site Supporter
off out later for a wander round the newish club lake, in anticipation of a day out there this week with himself after a few big rudd

be full of carp and cat fishers it being the lords day but hope to glean a bit of info off the baliff