Sandwich Lakes, Kingfisher Lakes

ev4dawin

On Saturday, me and my grandpa visited sandwich lakes and we went on kingfisher lake, the smallest only being 0.6 acres. We had been to sandwich before where we had been on one of the match lakes which was pretty unsuccessful and the other time we went we went on Berry Lake. There my grandpa caught quite a few decent carp and also a few F1s. I myself had a few carp and around dozen F1s. Anyways, Saturday was a decent day. Lost what was possibly a decent roach, but then around 45 minutes later the rod tip ripped around and into the net slid a stocky 5lb common. The day improved as around an hour later, the rod tip ripped off again, resulting in a nice 6lb 2oz common. It then went very quiet on the lake, unusual as there were so many fish crashing in the reeds. A few hours later, my grandpa hooked into a decent 7lb common. He also had a roach of around 1lb shortly afterwards. Then around 45 minutes from packing up my grandpa again hooked into another carp. The end fight resulted in a stunning mirror of around 9lb.

The rod I was using was a Garbolino g system method rod, very kindly given to me by a member of the forum. The reel was a Preston Inertia 320, loaded with 5lb line.

Silver fan 82

On Saturday, me and my grandpa visited sandwich lakes and we went on kingfisher lake, the smallest only being 0.6 acres. We had been to sandwich before where we had been on one of the match lakes which was pretty unsuccessful and the other time we went we went on Berry Lake. There my grandpa caught quite a few decent carp and also a few F1s. I myself had a few carp and around dozen F1s. Anyways, Saturday was a decent day. Lost what was possibly a decent roach, but then around 45 minutes later the rod tip ripped around and into the net slid a stocky 5lb common. The day improved as around an hour later, the rod tip ripped off again, resulting in a nice 6lb 2oz common. It then went very quiet on the lake, unusual as there were so many fish crashing in the reeds. A few hours later, my grandpa hooked into a decent 7lb common. He also had a roach of around 1lb shortly afterwards. Then around 45 minutes from packing up my grandpa again hooked into another carp. The end fight resulted in a stunning mirror of around 9lb.

The rod I was using was a Garbolino g system method rod, very kindly given to me by a member of the forum. The reel was a Preston Inertia 320, loaded with 5lb line.
Sounds like a nice day mate. If the carp were crashing in the reeds they were probably spawning which would explain why it went quiet at times.

ev4dawin

Sounds like a nice day mate. If the carp were crashing in the reeds they were probably spawning which would explain why it went quiet at times.
Yes I had that thought at times. Water was very warm as well. I'd have thought that they would've spawned already. Caught a couple fry in the net as well, think they were roach fry.