Sammy there verdict

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin.

Account Locked
hi all
sammy is back home & theres no change .
they are nearly 100% certain that it is IBS & there is no cure, all they can do is try to control the pain & she will have to try & stick to certain foods to keep the pain as low as posible

She sends her thanks to everyone for there concern

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile3.asp

talk fishing flip football

Happyeater

Sorry to hear about the IBS problem that Sammy has, Martin.

I don't know what you have tried for remedies, possibly everything. Anyway, I have a good lady friend who lives in Alberta in Canada who suffers from Ulcerlative colitis, a bloody terrible disease which causes an enourmous amount of discomfort, pain and renders her virtually house bound. She's 32 years old. [V]

Anyway, she was desparate to get something to help so I began to trawl around in Newcastle for something that may help. I found a chinese herbalist who recommendes a tablet called Bu Pi Yi Chang Wan, yeah I know, sounds weird, but it helps. It's one of the only things that has. Not cured the problem, just made it more bearable. Now she calls here from Canada and orders in bulk (so it must be doing something!!). [:D]

If you want the details etc send me a pm, I understand if you don't and I wouldn't wish to meddle at all.

jonesr

Hi Martin, At least Sammy is home at last.[^]Wish her well from us and hope she will be fit enough to start the season.( Keep saying you need a few more lessons!)[}:)][}:)][}:)]

Ron J[8D]

Age isn't everything!Experience is!
I INTEND TO LIVE FOR EVER,SO FAR SO GOOD!

ken age 63

' Gin & Tonic '
we dont know you but have been reading your posts,we really wish her well,bless her we wish we could parcel up sum of this sunshine to cheer her up,best to you all,and give these from usxxxxx ken & fay

A river is water in its loveliest form ;;

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Glad to hear that you have Sammy back Home.
I can only imagine the family's frustration at the way this has dragged on with no real conclusion.
Best wishes from the both of us.

Peter & Maria.

Lid

Good to hear Sammy is back, Martin. Please wish her well from us. Sorry to hear about the diagnosis though.

I have a friend at work who suffers from something similar (I'll check out exactly what it is with her tomorrow). She has had lots of surgery and loads of bowell removed, but it doesn't seem to have helped much, if at all. I feel sure that controlling it with diet may be a very good method, but I guess trying to work out what food groups to avoid is not easy.

It may be worth trying to find a good 'complimentary' dietitian with a track record in your area. I know one, but he's in Oxford, which I guess is too far.

Lid [:)]

Apache

sorry to hear the news and i wish her well.

Tight Lines,

Matt
DataFile.asp

Heathlands Angling Club - http://www.heathlandsanglingclub.8m.com

Lid

Sammy & Martin

Sorry I got confused about my friend at work, she has Crohn's, not IBS. I take it they ruled out Crohn's disease?

I did a quick search in yahoo and this link might be interesting. I haven't read it, but if for example you decide to drop milk from your diet, my view is you need to drop all foodstuffs containing any milk derivative. This is easy enough to do, but you have to become an expert food label reader.

Good luck, whatever you decide!!

PS This link may be less 'religious'.
Lid [:)]

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm glad to hear Sammys back home Martin and at there is some relief if they know what the problem is as that alone can take away some of the worry

Give her our best,

Dave
Datafile2.asp

crusty

Hi martin, try not to worry too much, being diagnosed with IBS dosn't always mean doom and gloom.
If the problem persists further tests will be done which you can deal with at the time.

I don't wish to interfere but my suggestion would be to try to get to the cause of it yourselves, especially if its diet related, or find what ease's the pain once it has started.
best wishes and good health Sammy.
crusty

martin.

Account Locked
thanks for the replies
ive checked the various links quickly & they look helpfull ill be going through them in detail tommorrow
thanks again

tight lines.
martin.
Datafile3.asp

talk fishing flip football

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Martin

Give sammy our love mate.

I've only just clicked on this thread for the firt time since last night so i hadn't seen all the other posts.

I've just sent you a mail as well [:)]

Alan
Datafile3.asp
The ball is most definitely back

ja4146

'ha ha!'
At least Sammy is at home, sorry to hear about it, I wish her well.

jea13 alien.gif
Datafile3.asp

Go fishing catch fish!!

Dervaig

Glad to hear that Sammy is home again Martin.
Wish her well for us.

Mike dukewave_e0.gif
Everybody believes in something - I believe I'll have another beer.

The Witness

Hi Martin,
Wishing you and Sammy all the best.
Hope to bump into you again in the near future.
Cheers,
Richard. beer-toast1.gif

angler-mark

[:)]Hi Martin,

Glad to hear Sammy is back home, but sorry they can't sort the problem out for good, at least you know what it is finally, so I suppose that helps in a small way. Give her our best and look forward to seeing her soon [:)][:)].

Tight Lines

Mark

dolph.gif

norm

so does that mean a horrible diet of rabit food then

and no alcopops? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

keep fit sammy
see you again
norm

Datafile4.asp

PoleRoller2003

'Pole Breaker'