apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
i've just had a go on another topic and it got me thinking[:eek:)]
does anyone on here bother fishing salwick basin[?]

roachie

Originally posted by dry nets

i've just had a go on another topic and it got me thinking[:eek:)]
does anyone on here bother fishing salwick basin[?]

It was a regular venue at one time but i've not fished it for years Daz, there is some big bream in there, be interesting to know if it still fishes as good nowdays[:T]

fishdogmick

catch alot
my misses walked past a couple of times nobody fishing,but its a fair walk with tackle

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
hi alan[:W] ,yeah monster bream and tench..it must still fish..it looks great now with the pads and stick ups..

its a fair walk with tackle
not if ya best buddys with the farmer[:T]

Last edited:

roachie

its a fair walk with tackle

not if ya best buddys with the farmer[:T]
[/quote]

Sounds very interesting Daz, why don't you give it a go given that you don't have a long walk, peace and quiet eh? Perfect[^][:T][:T]

maggot dangler

i used to fish there when i was a lad, used to get there on my bike from lea road bridge!!! how things have canged.

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
bumped into an old buddy today and he said they night fish it now.. bite alarms and boilies[:0] big bream, tench and carp.

why don't you give it a go
because i'd have to get there very early[xx(] and i'm lucky if i get to a the match that starts at 10[:C]

marlon

Hi,I've fished it a few times.pole at 13mts,the usual bream baits,brown crumb,fishmeal,supercup,sensas lake,any of these combinations will draw the fish.Also corn,pellets for the hook and feed.worm caster ,maggot.

You need plenty of bait to keep the fish in your swim.Same thing if you fish the tip chuck over to the far bank ,just shy of the lillys.I use a groundbait catty also if they are having it.The bream run to 5-6lb...

And its 1/2 mile walk about from either the bridge near smiths arms or the Hand and Dagger..

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.