Saltfleetby Fishery

timber

built for comfort
i have a week booked here in June 2021 any tips would be very welcome, thanks.

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
I lived half a mile from it before I moved to Ireland and fished it regularly for 18 years. The main pond is very deep so you will need some long rigs (top 4 length), the 2 best pegs are the one behind the cafe and the 'double peg half way along the bank that runs perpendicular to the cafe, there are a lot of roots in the margin and the fish make a beeline for them so strong gear is advisable. Carp run to 20+lbs but there are some very big roach and massive Tench although they don't come out very often. Most baits will work and fishing very shallow is deadly in summer. The island pond is a very 'fair water' and fish can be caught from most pegs. Do not dismiss the margins, literally fishing between your feet. The carp are a smaller average size in here but there are 3lb+ perch to be had (worm down the edge). The Kinfisher pond was full of bits and I seldom fished it so would be reluctant to give any advice on it. The cafe does a good breakfast and the shop is well stocked for bait and bits n bobs. There is also some superb drain fishing for roach and skimmers whilst the river at Gayton pumping station is full of small pike and a small jig head will keep you busy all day. Hope you have a great holiday and please pass on my regards to Jean, Paul and Theresa (The management).