Sadfishing

Dusty

I would hate to growing up in today’s world. When I was a kid we just went outside at every opportunity and enjoyed life.

People have done this as long as I can remember, it’s basically just attention seeking but using social media as a platform to do so.
Nothing new, it isn’t just a generational problem.

Corn Master

Riding BMX's, making camps or fishing. Even night fishing when I had pretended I was staying at a friend house. Couldn't keep me indoors

Dave Spence

MD virtual champion 2020. Golden Pie winner 2018.
Site Supporter
Riding BMX's, making camps or fishing. Even night fishing when I had pretended I was staying at a friend house. Couldn't keep me indoors
You know mate, I live close to the sea on a flood plain. Fishing in abundance, wildlife that has to be seen to be believed but it is a rarity that you see kids out exploring or taking advantage of what's on their doorstep.:cry:

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I feel that this sort of "Sadfishing" comes from celebs who are on the downward trend of their careers and make up rubbish about being bipolar or depressed or whatever, to gain a bit more sympathy/popularity in the media... there may be the odd genuine case but when you get so called celebs claiming they were raped by someone long dead, it makes one wonder why such terrible issues were not brought to light sooner, or if indeed they actually exist/ happened....?

Dusty

I feel that this sort of "Sadfishing" comes from celebs who are on the downward trend of their careers and make up rubbish about being bipolar or depressed or whatever, to gain a bit more sympathy/popularity in the media... there may be the odd genuine case but when you get so called celebs claiming they were raped by someone long dead, it makes one wonder why such terrible issues were not brought to light sooner, or if indeed they actually exist/ happened....?

I think it might be due to the fact that being raped or sexually abused is one of the most harrowing things that can happen to a human being with often long standing mental/psychological trauma.

Attitudes such as yours are also a reason why people are afraid to come forward.

Newlease

Site Supporter
@Dusty Rhodes What would you do, if you were invited to a party. Upon your arrival it was mostly male guests. After a few drinks you started feeling dizzy, and tired.
After a few hours you wake up in a strange bed. You are naked, there is a few empty tubes of KY jelly lying on the bed. And your bum is sore.
Would you tell the police?.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
@Dusty Rhodes What would you do, if you were invited to a party. Upon your arrival it was mostly male guests. After a few drinks you started feeling dizzy, and tired.
After a few hours you wake up in a strange bed. You are naked, there is a few empty tubes of KY jelly lying on the bed. And your bum is sore.
Would you tell the police?.

If not does he Wanna come to a Party ? ;) ;)

Arry

Site Supporter
I think it might be due to the fact that being raped or sexually abused is one of the most harrowing things that can happen to a human being with often long standing mental/psychological trauma.

Attitudes such as yours are also a reason why people are afraid to come forward.
You know it happens so enough with the insults... if its a genuine case I have every sympathy for the victim and pray they get the justice they deserve but many use it as a vehicle for sympathy and furtherment of their careers and you know it

Dusty

You know it happens so enough with the insults... if its a genuine case I have every sympathy for the victim and pray they get the justice they deserve but many use it as a vehicle for sympathy and furtherment of their careers and you know it

What insults?

Arry

Site Supporter
"Attitudes such as mine"