sad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrishowe425

has anyone seen the new "fag" police that can hand out fines between 50-2500 quid [:0]

midge99

Yes I heard something as from 1st July smoking will be banned everwhere

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Yeah, its already banned everywhere else i think, definitley in Ireland and Scotland. England on July 1st in a public place.

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
Not satisfied with making Smokers feel like second class criminals by making us stand outside pubs on street corners.local councils now want to bring in 80 fines for dropping cigarette butts in the street.

A spokesman for Cloudcuckoolandshire council said "We will not fine smokers who drop cigarette butts on the floor,instead we have decided to shoot them on sight,its far easier than the hassle of trying to get spot fines out of them or having to take them to court"

First they upset drivers then they upset hunters now smokers whos next on the goverment hit list.

Be afraid,be very afraid.

bazw

why is it smokers never think that litter laws mean them

you have been able to be done for dropping a fag end , match or box for years , just depends how bad a day the cop has had

sooner its enforced the better then they can go after the real criminals , those terrorists who drop chewing gum all over the place

crankfrank

Locked Account
Oh, cigarettes? Had visions of handsom thin men in pink suits running round the town going 'woo woo woo' then. Tell you what I saw tonight in town coming back on the last bus (11.15pm) street pastors all up Belvoir street (Beaver street if from Leicester (prounounced beaver anyhow flumuxed me for ages when I moved here that) half a dozen or so. Thought they was hells angels for a minute till I was able to read there shirt/jacket embroidery.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Cigarette ends discarded from car windows or dropped on the street are litter and always have been but some people must think that the 'Litter fairies' come out at night and tidy up after them - big supprise, fairies don't exist

It's the same with car ashtrays, the number of times I see a pile of tab ends at the side of the road, especially near traffic lights, is amazing. Why do some people think it's alright to empty their rubbish out onto the side of a road rather than put it into a bin when they get home ?

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
In an attempt to encourage people to use litter bins the borough council have installed these little chaps in thee town centre. They look quite amusingly cute, I don't know whether they work better than the old ones, and I don't know whether anyone's tried to knick one yet but it's certainly different.

Datafile11.asp

Enigma

Armchair Carper
Dropping litter is a social issue we should have got tough with a long time ago. As for the bin below I dare say after 15 pints of stella a few men may find those big orange lips shall we say...inviting...LOL

Originally posted by Bluey

In an attempt to encourage people to use litter bins the borough council have installed these little chaps in thee town centre. They look quite amusingly cute, I don't know whether they work better than the old ones, and I don't know whether anyone's tried to knick one yet but it's certainly different.

Datafile11.asp

Simple

Sikea

Datafile11.asp

That would look nice on my rockery with water shooting out of his mouth into my pool [:D][:p]

Thom

Datafile11.asp

it just looks like something from the swimming baths near vending machines... [:)]

chrishowe425

Datafile11.asp

looks like northampton,wont be long before there stolen.[;)]

mattb

cookies gillie!!
LOL too right chris, would be even less time in wellingborough town centre!!!

Bluey

19/08/02 - 25/08/10
In Memoriam
mattb, chrishowe425 your both correct it's outside of Waterstones in Abington street, all covered by cctv, and now, ta da ta tarra it's TALKING CCTV!!1

Yes if they see anybody being naughty they can now shout at them through loudspeakers mounted with the cameras, ooooo soooooo scary!!

if they shout at you what you need to do is wave at them but what are they going to do if you run away not much

Don

Is "Fag Police" politically correct? It would have a few different meanings in the USA for example and may well cause a downturn or an upturn in tourism depending on how one interprets the word "fag".

Status
Not open for further replies.