Sad sad day for rock fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter

Message from Wendy Dio

Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.

- Wendy Dio

RIP Ronnie, now you're up there teach them how to rock and show them the "horns" mate

Your spirit will live on in the music you blessed us with

hemphead2

hemphead2
I was gutted and shocked when i heard this news.I thought Ronnie was going to make it.

I have listened to dio's music for the last 25 years and seem him half a dozen times in concert ,he was a true Legend

His lyrics has helped me through many a bad patch.

From his earlier years in Elf, Black Sabbath and Dio, right through to his most recent days fronting Heaven and Hell, Ronnie, time and again, proved his genius as a frontman, always giving his all to his fans and his music. Ronnie was not only an incredibly gifted singer but also a wonderfully warm, intelligent and generous person and this shone through both on and off stage leaving a positive mark on everyone he came into contact with.

Dio genuinely lived his passion. His lyrics evoked a world of magic and wonder. He really knew how to take the listener on a journey. And he was always willing to keep growing and trying new things as an artist while still keeping true to himself. A truly amazing career from one of life's truly interesting people.

Thank you for the music, the voice, the memories - you will be missed but never forgotten - your impact will live on and be an inspiration to for generations

In the misty morning on the edge of time we've lost the rising sun.....

Go catch the rainbow Ronnie. rip

[:(]

Last edited:

hemphead2

hemphead2
Originally posted by Dannysdad2104

never heard of him? In a band? solo?

RIP anyway...whoever you may be

If your not in to your rock you may not of.He was the lead singer of black sabbath (when ozzy left) and rainbow.And later his own band

Here,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_James_Dio

Dannysdad

Guv
I am of an age, where Ozzie was part of my mis-spent youth but I was never into music in a big way so band members names don't mean anything to me. My lad on the other hand is obsessive with music and no doubt will know him.

Genus9

Just imagine the band that would form up there,

Cosey on drums

Dio, Hendrix on guitar,

Freddie on vocals.

Would be an awesome band, [:)]

RIP Mate.

Enjoy, [:D]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPkiwdHXXFA

Last edited:

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
nah, Hendrix was never that good imo he just knew how to use the pedals, now if we were talking dimebag darrel it would be one hell of a band [:D]

lurkio

A little dab'll do
R.I.P. Ronnie.

I saw they had cancelled their Bloodstock gig at Catton Hall in the local rag a few weeks ago and realised things could not be good.

http://www.birminghampost.net/life-leisure-birmingham-guide/birmingham-culture/music-in-birmingham/2010/05/17/download-festival-to-name-stage-after-ronnie-james-dio-65233-26464985/

Last edited:

bream dream

up the Villa.
another legend bites the dust,just listening to Tarot Woman as i write this......R.I.P Ronnie.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just in case any one is interested

Wendy Dio has asked that in lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the "Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Caner Fund." You may send your donations to: 12400 Ventura Blvd. #624, Studio City, CA 91604

nobby478

miserable old ....
Originally posted by Trogg

nah, Hendrix was never that good imo he just knew how to use the pedals, now if we were talking dimebag darrel it would be one hell of a band [:D]

Silly boy ![:(!]

Status
Not open for further replies.