Ryecroft today

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
Off to Rycroft today for what's likely to be the last bit of commercial action until the tip rod goes to hibernate for the winter.

Taking me old dad and be there until about 2pm if anyone else going (y)

rd115

Non-catcher of Barbel
Site Supporter
Well it wasn't a bad few hours, didn't catch many but ok for this time of year and temperature.

We fished old canal, i was on method feeder the whole time and managed 2 nice little mirrors maybe 3-4lb and a foul hooked skimmer.

My dad started on the method and didnt have a sniff so he reverted to his comfort zone and stuck a big cube of luncheon meat on a waggler 3ft from the edge, he had the better day landing a couple nice commons around 7lb mark, a baby tench about half a pound and a little 4lb mirror.

All the lakes but the 2 canal lakes were taken up with matches which i hear is very common at this place, and with me working mon-fri every week i probably won't come here too often unless i have time off work. Annoying paying full price for the ticket and only having a choice of 2 out of the 5 waters.

They do have a cafe on-site, so breafasts and tea coffee etc, if you get the phone number from the cafe they'll even come deliver to your peg (y)