Rycroft (Derby )

Whisker

Site Supporter
Carp Lake is first one through the gates. My favourite with a good head of roach, some nice perch, skimmers and of course, carp. Depths 4-7’ depending which peg and how far out you fish.

Behind the storage unit is New Canal, lots of tench and bream, silvers and carp. Summer pegs top end 16-18, winter nearside 1-4.

Middle car park is Old Canal, 6-7’ down track, far bank is undercut so fish under it if you can. Pegs 16-18 tend to be good in winter. Can be peggy, 3, 4, 8 & 9 can do well.

Behind that is Moat, 13-14m there is a sunken island on some pegs 2-3’, fish there in summer. 2+2 line 4-5’.

Clover right at the end (by top car park) has another sunken island. Good pegs 3, 4, on the point is 23-24 (I think), in winter you want the deeper water (6-8’) on far side pegs 7-9. Some nice perch in there, had a 2 n a quarter pounder out.

Usual baits pellet, corn, maggot, worm, meat is allowed here, bread in winter. Not many rules, Mark is bailiff (look out for a blue van), always wears a baseball cap ? usually back to front, I have his number if you want it to get the latest info. ?

rd115

плак-плак
Site Supporter
I might have a dabble here this week, maybe tomorrow if weather holds up, or Sunday.

Only up the road from me.

Get to wear my shiny new chest waders if postie has been :D