Rugby world cup

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have to say I am disappointed with the tv coverage of the world cup. When the soccer world cup is on we get two or three matches a day and it keeps the interest at a high level. I know the breaks between matches is a lot longer in rugby but even so all we get is coverage of one or two matches every week or ten days. Surely games involving South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, etc would attract a big audience. Not to mention some of the "lesser" countries.

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
I thought all the games were being shown on ITV in the UK. Don't you have access to that channel in Ireland?

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
Every game is on either ITV or ITV4 in the UK. South Africa v Canada is just about to kick off, live on ITV4 now. I'm not convinced that such a game is capable of attracting a particularly big audience. I've only got it on as moving wallpaper whilst I listen to music.

PAB

Site Supporter
I quite agree some people are not able to watch live games because of the time it would be nice to have full matches shown on one of the many itv channels at a more convenient time in the evening if it was girly football each game would be on many times.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
I quite agree some people are not able to watch live games because of the time it would be nice to have full matches shown on one of the many itv channels at a more convenient time in the evening if it was girly football each game would be on many times.

Only highlights, not live, not if the tournament was being held in Japan. Rugby fans need to face facts. It's not as popular as football and has a fraction of the worldwide TV audience. In an attempt to grow the audience outside of Britain, France, NZ, SA and Aus, they have to occasionally take tournaments to the likes of Japan. Doing so means that the timing of TV games is less than ideal in some of the countries that might actually be interested in watching.

PAB

Site Supporter
Only highlights, not live, not if the tournament was being held in Japan. Rugby fans need to face facts. It's not as popular as football and has a fraction of the worldwide TV audience. In an attempt to grow the audience outside of Britain, France, NZ, SA and Aus, they have to occasionally take tournaments to the likes of Japan. Doing so means that the timing of TV games is less than ideal in some of the countries that might actually be interested in watching.
I am not concerned about live just the games in full they don't show just the highlights of coronation street or that Farm soap thingy when they repeat them.

Sam Vimes

Site Supporter
I am not concerned about live just the games in full they don't show just the highlights of coronation street or that Farm soap thingy when they repeat them.

If enough people were bothered, perhaps they would repeat the full game. However, if that many people were interested, the coverage probably wouldn't be on ITV/ITV4 in the first place. I've just checked on the ITV Hub for you, full games are on there for anyone keen enough. However, SA v Canada isn't listed just yet.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
ITV is regional and most parts of Ireland dont tend to get it on the likes of sky.

Tyecon

I live in Wexford and get it on my sky box you can manually tune channels on to the box

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Any chance you could pm me the code ? I would be very grateful, plus Trogg is coming over to stay at mine soon and he loves ITV !

Tyecon

These are the updated codes

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191008-182828.png
    Screenshot_20191008-182828.png
    148.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20191008-182855.png
    Screenshot_20191008-182855.png
    120.7 KB · Views: 4