Rugby Disabled Match 9/07/02 Holly Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Date : 9/07/02
Venue: Holly Farm
Time :10am till 3pm

Todays match was fished on Trotters Lake by 11 hardy souls in non stop rain (where is the SUMMER) from before the draw till the end of the match.

Holly Farm has just lifted all the restrictions on bait and tactics that were in place and any bait or method can now be used (except floating baits).

Normally matches on Trotters are won with meat of one type or another but with the restrictions now lifted today was the first time i'd seen bread be allowed and it was bread that won.

1st..Dave Townsend..47lb 8oz (bread/feeder Carp)
2nd..Malc Doyle.....25lb 5oz (meat/feeder Carp)
3rd..Pops...........23lb 2oz (mixed/feeder & pole Carp)
4th..Maurice Law....17lb 6oz (bread waggler Roach)

Special mention must go to Maurice for his 4th placed net of Roach as they were all in pristine condition and a pleasure to see such a bag with the fish being between 4 & 6oz each.

Also a mention to Norman Tew who caught a Bream of 4lb 2oz the first i've seen from the venue.

Nearly forgot to mention that Dirk was also there but alas he did not weigh in.
Better luck next time Dirk.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Was that shushhhiiing sound another 1.00 in the Till?
Well done on your second Malc!

100 Recipes for Bread will follow shortly no doubt!

and What? no comment from RED?

Cheers

Trev

Ziptrev
Shouldn't happen to a DOG!

MALC

Trev,

Afraid to say that RED is suffering at the moment due to the rain.
Firstly he got soaked sitting in his side pocket home then getting out of the car he fell into a dirty puddle.

So he's been in the washing machine (tried to get picture but they kept blurring) and now he's being warmed up by the tumble dryer.

But he will be all fit for action tomorrow and he's taking me fishing so he can show me where i'm going wrong.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Edited by - MALC on 09 July 2002 10:40:45 PM

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Nice one Malc them pounds are adding up now, the kids pocket money will be going up!

teepee.

dirk

Site Supporter
Dear Malcy,I had to reply to your well informed report , and put the lads straight about one issue in particular? RED he was blatantly abused today, and I got straight on to the Prevention of cruelty to soft toy society, when I got home, and told them about you leaving RED out in the rain, they will be sending you their booklet on how to look after your cuddly toy, and your name has gone on their list of soft toy abusers. They also said they frown on the act of stuffing him with pound coins.
I will have my revenge Sunday????

scott essery

'Silver man'
Dirk

Some people shouldnt be alowed to keep soft toys... curelty, sheer cruelty!!!

RED got a nice Tench so i see at Spring so hes got his own back on malc.

When are we going to see you and Malc go head to head in the summer league?

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
It would be a foregone conclusion.

Malc would have to give Dirk a pound after spending all match looking over his shoulder making sure RED did not go to a friendly face.This mis treatment has to stop.

Keith

Golfs a game for people who can't catch fish

dirk

Site Supporter
Thank-you lads, It's nice to know that others are concerned about REDS welfare, Don't tell Malc but I will be going on a rescue mission on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.