Rugby Disabled Match 3/09/02 Holly Farm-Trotters

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Date : 3/09/02
Venue: Holly Farm Trotters Lake
Time : 10am to 3pm

Today saw 13 fishing including myself and Steve as a guest on Trotters Lake at Holly Farm.

This is a 3 pool mixed fishery between Rugby and Leicester.
Although this is a mixed fishery as is normaly the case at such venues it's Carp that win 99% of matches.

Conditions today were very bright sun with very little wind but what wind there was blew from the top end (pegs 6 to 10) towards the far end (peg 27 to 31).

Todays result was as follows:
1st....Maurice Law........36lb 15oz......Carp/Bread..............Peg 34
2nd....Rob Taylor..........16lb 4oz.......Roach/Hemp & Caster.....Peg 40
3rd....Dave Townsend...14lb 15oz......Carp/Bread.................Peg 37
4th....Bob Berry...........11lb 9oz.......Mixed/Meat & Pellet.....Peg 1
5th....Pops.................10lb 15oz......Mixed/Bread & Paste..Peg 4
6th....Malc Doyle.........9lb 10oz......Mixed/Meat & Pellet.......Peg 2
7th....Dirk Williams.......8lb 10oz......Mixed/Chop & Bread......Peg 39
8th....Roy Morris.........6lb 6oz.......Mixed/Pellet..............Peg 7
9th....Steve Wilson.......5lb 2oz.......Mixed/Pellet..............Peg 5
10th...John Dance........4lb 2oz.......Mixed/Maggot & Caster..Peg 35
11th...Tommy Taylor......3lb 4oz.......Roach/Maggot & Pinkie..Peg 6

Both Jack Beards & Dave Lacey both caught but did not weigh in.

Winner Maurice with 6 of his 11 Carp for a total weight of 36lb 15oz
Datafile.jpg

3rd placed Dave with his best Carp on the Day around 8lb
Datafile.jpg

Unfortunatly todays match was marred when i made a check on everybody to ensure that we were all useing Barbless Hooks (one of my roles as Helper) and to my amazement i found POP (thats why his result is in red) to have 3 Pole rigs and a Feeder rig all set up with Barbed Hooks
and then to say "O i put the wrong rig on" (4 TIMES) is no defence,icon_smile_angry.gificon_smile_angry.gificon_smile_angry.gif everybody else was okay and on Barbless.

If it had been the owner that had found them then there is a big chance that everybody would be asked to leave and never to return as it was a match and everybody knew the rule's and we visit Holly Farm on a regular basis.

Why do people CHEAT a rule is a rule even if we do not agree with some of them.

Also today poor old Dirk managed to fall off his box and as he fell to stop himself he put his hand out and crushed his no5 section "OUCH" ( not haveing much luck of late) icon_smile_sad.gificon_smile_sad.gif

It was also Dirk that supplied us with some entertainment though as after he broke his pole he went on floating Bread to the island and we all found it highly funny that a family of Vole's were in front of him and kept swimming out and pinching his Bread he even managed to get 1 swim half way across the pool ontop of a piece of bread.

Next match is next Tuesday at Stockton Reservoir.

Malc
Fish with Friends @ MaggotDrowning.com

Ziptrev

05/10/01 - 18/10/02
In Memoriam
Good post MALC,
difficult but necessary to highlight a cheat!
Why oh!why! do people bend rules in such a relatively small value match?
Ego and prestige I suppose, but on discovery!
Far more detrimental to prestige than coming last fairly!

Good old Dirk, he's inheriting the curse!
Congratulations though on feeding the voles!
They are a seriously threatened species!
Cheers
Trev

Ziptrev
Enough! I'm off!

Digger Barnes

' Digger'
[h4]Hi malk a good report and an inevitable one,he should of been stopped years ago from bendind the rules,but ther you go some people including me have possibly turned a blind eye for to long.
What happens now ?
brian [/h4]

FISH4FUN

MALC

Must admit Trev regards the Voles (first ones i've seen for years)they live on the island yet on the fishing bank there appears to be a lot of Rats (although Dell the owner) is trying to eradicate the Rats it's hard to do without harming the Vole's.

As to highlighting any cheating i must admit i find it easy to name anyone i find that cheats especially if the other anglers could be made to suffer because of it.

As you say it's much better to be last fairly than to be branded a cheat as from now on the angler in question will constantly be under suspsion and will always recieve extra attenion from myself on checks as the rest of the lads all fish fairly and do not need the actions of 1 to spoil their enjoyment and end up being banned from waters.

But hey thats life i suppose some will always try.

Malc

MALC

Sorry Brian,

Missed your post

Personally i would have kicked him off the water there and then and banned him from the club, and also informed Dell so he was banned from the water.

But as it is not up to me i passed my findings onto Rob (after having 4 Hooks stuck in my T-Shirt) and he was let off with a warning icon_smile_dissapprove.gificon_smile_dissapprove.gificon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gificon_smile_question.gif

Malc

scott essery

'Silver man'
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

The level of competativness within these matches is getting out of hand Malc and now people are resorting to BREAKING THE RULES its a sorry state match angling is in icon_smile_sad.gificon_smile_sad.gificon_smile_sad.gif

Its a good job you uncovered the culprit in your role of 'helper' or else he could have got away with it!!!

let this be a lesson to us all!!!!

Digger Barnes

' Digger'
[h4]As a committee members of raddaa i must point out that cheating inside the club (i hope ) is [/h4][h2]NOT [/h2]A Common accurance,I also believe if we as a club are to have any credabillity then we [h2]MUST[/h2]act now to stop any other member from even contomplating doing the same.
[h2]pop is a committee member himself,he should have known better

ANGLING CLUBS CAN DO WITHOUT MEMBERS LIKE THESE[/h2]
[h1]Tight Lines and Happy Fishing To All Non Cheats[/h1]
icon_smile_sad.gificon_smile_sad.gificon_smile_sad.gificon_smile_sad.gificon_smile_sad.gif

FISH4FUN

MALC

Brian,

I dont think for a minute that the Barbed hook incident is in any way a bad reflection on The Rugby And District Disabled Anglers.

My view is that by asking myself to do the checks in the first place you showed the way forward and in honesty if every Fishery and Club were to operate checks (some do) be it for Hooks/Baits/Rubbish or what ever rule that applies then it would make for a better days fishing.

I think that every club will have at least 1 member that brakes rules every time they fish it may be by taking tins to the bankside when the fishery rule says no tins.
Maybe a Silverfish in a net with Carp.
Or a banned bait hidden in a pocket or as on Rugby Winter League a few years back 1 guy had Bloodworm in a match box.

RADDAA have shown the way forward and started to check.
So if just 1 person that has read this thread go's to their next match or club meeting and say's what about a spot check on the rule's then RADDAA have done the image of angling the world of good.

Malc

Status
Not open for further replies.