Rugby Disabled Match 10/06/03 Drayton

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Today saw 14 members of RADDAA sat on The Dam Wall at Drayton Reservoir from peg 35 to 48 and with a strong wind blowing either straight into our faces or swinging from left to right it was not the most comfy of matches for the lads.[:(]

At times the wind was so strong that it was impossible to hold even 6mtrs of Pole in position and most fish stayed well out and could be seen topping for most of the day at around 70 to 80yds but due to the wind around 50 yds was as far as you could chuck either the Feeder or Bagging Wagg and most of us sat biteless.[:(][:(]

Only 2 weighed in but 3 did catch although Tony Richens managed a small Perch but did not bother to weigh it in.[:0]

Most action was seen by John Dance down on peg 35 (norm will remember that peg)[;)][;)] John fished with the Long Rod with a feeder and put 7 fish on the scales (and some nice fish they were aswell),[:D][:D] although whilst playing his biggest fish he did manage to snap his rod about 3 foot from the tip [:(] (and it is meant to be an animal carp rod).[:(][:(]

John weighed in a total of 77lb 8oz made up of the following fish:
15lb 2oz [8D]
12lb 2oz [8D]
11lb 14oz [8D]
10lb 14oz [8D]
9lb 8oz [8D]
9lb 3oz [8D]
8lb 13oz [8D]

As I said they were a decent size.[8D][:)][8D]
(no pictures from me Im afraid as I was bizzy getting soaked whilst doing the weighing, unsure if Brian took any though)

The only other person to weigh in was Rob Taylor on peg 40 (next peg to me) and Rob put 3 fish on the scales for 32lb 1oz made up of the following fish all again on the corn but this time fished on the waggler:
13lb [8D]
11lb 14oz [8D]
7lb 3oz [8D]

The following sequence of pictures is of Rob trying to land his biggest fish of 13lb (it only took 10 minutes to get in).[:D][:D]

Datafile4.jpg Datafile4.jpg

Total weighed in was 99lb 9oz

As for the rest of us as I said we all blanked [8)][8)] except for the Perch caught by Tony.[:)]

A few items other than fish were hooked and landed and among these items was Mick Finch having a cracking fight off A Landing Net but sadly there was no fish in it.

And Tony Richens got a good but dogged fight off a Lucozade Bottle full of MUD.

And finally something more serious

To finish off this report of a hard match I now come to the lucky escape of member Terry Hill and his brother Darren.

After leaving Drayton they were involved in an accident in Terrys car amazingly neither were seriously hurt with Terry suffering a few bruises to his back and a cut on a finger and driver Darren suffering a few bruises.

As can be seen by the following pictures theres was the only vehicle involved and the police were on the scene within minutes of the accident happening and as the car was off the road and nobody was hurt all they wanted to do was put a sticker on it..

Datafile4.jpg

Datafile4.jpg

Datafile4.jpg

Datafile4.jpg

Luckily as i say both Terry and Darren are bruised but okay.

Not the best way to end a report....

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Last edited:

lucky wayne

Account Locked
first of all thank goodness our two friends are safe and well what a day they had. but back to the fishing what a day we all had we never even got a tan let alone any fish but at least i learned how to tie on a baggin waggler thanks to good old malc cheers mate always happy to help us not so skilled anglers ( even if it did snap off later in the day )odd thing was it floated to his platform funny that i thought. but seriously i would like to say its a pity there are not more people like malc around he really does help us in any way he can lets hope the fishing is better at misterton next week when we get back to proper fishing and we all hopefully bag up cheers take care all of you

Digger Barnes

' Digger'
[h4]Hi malc,i saw Terry and Darren today (mon) and they are both fine[:)] and looking forward to fishing next tuesday.[:D]
On a lighter note the fishing was rubbish at drayton[V] but my bordom was broken by this lovely family[:D].Sorry theirs no photos of John or Robs Carp[:(][/h4]
Datafile4.asp
[8D]
Datafile4.asp
[8D]

Datafile4.asp
[8D]
Datafile4.asp
[8D]
[h4] Hopefully i will pop over stockton on saturday to see you all?,[:)][/h4]

Datafile4.asp

Digger Barnes RADDAA

Last edited: