Rugby Disabled Anglers Presentation Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALC

Last night (Wednesday 27th) was THE RUGBY AND DISTRICT DISABLED ANGLERS Presentation Night.

17 members attended along with family and friends.
Giving out the Trophies on the night was Local Rugby Angler Tony Collins who works in the angling trade for David Hall Publications who kindly donated some cracking prizes for the raffle on the night.

Also present was a local 14 year old Special Needs Student from Rugby's Brooke School who had raised money at school for the Rugby Disabled Anglers by baking and then selling various cakes and cookies
to fellow Students and teachers.

A cheque for 20.19 was handed to The Committee by the youngster.
Unfortunately due to legal reasons i can't include either the name or any photo's of the young lad [:(] which is a great shame as the effort he put into raising the money was for him immense and i feel he should be recognised for his efforts (such are the times we live in though).

The picture below shows the table of trophies (all 36 of them)
Datafile2.jpg

Trophy Winners & Runners up for 2002

AGGREGATE TROPHY
ROB TAYLOR 29lb 7oz----DIRK WILLIAMS 28lb 14oz

PAIRS TROPHY
POP MARCELLA & ROY MORRIS----ROB TAYLOR & TOMMY TAYLOR

J.TAYLOR TROPHY
MAURICE LAW----DIRK WILLIAMS

STANFORD TROPHY
DAVE TOWNSEND----DAVE LACEY

J.B CUP
ROY MORRIS----TOMMY TAYLOR

B.TURNER CUP
POP MARCELLA----ROB TAYLOR

PRINCESS TROPHY
DAVE TOWNSEND----MAURICE LAW

HANDICAP TROPHY
DIRK WILLIAMS----ROB TAYLOR

REVEL CUP
MAURICE LAW----ROB TAYLOR

L.TOWNSEND TROPHY
BOB BERRY----JOHN DANCE

K.CAVE TROPHY
DIRK WILLIAMS----ROB TAYLOR

F.BATES CUP
POP MARCELLA----DAVE TOWNSEND

BANKS & BURR TROPHY
DIRK WILLIAMS

MAGNA CUP
MAURICE LAW----DAVE LACEY

AUTUMN TROPHY
ROB TAYLOR----DAVE LACEY

FUR & FEATHER TROPHY
DAVE TOWNSEND----MAURICE LAW

CANAL CUP
DIRK WILLIAMS----MAURICE LAW

SPECIMEN SHIELD
POP MARCELLA 12lb 2oz CARP

CLUBMAN OF YEAR TROPHY
DAVE LACEY

Pairs Winners Pop Marcella & Roy Morris
Datafile2.jpg

J.B Cup Winner Roy Morris
Datafile2.jpg

Rob Taylor with 1 of his 7 Trophies
With Master of ceremonies Brian behind and Tony Collins to the left
Datafile2.jpg

Maurice law collecting the Magna Cup from Tony Collins
Datafile2.jpg

Pop Marcella picking up the Specimen Trophy from Tony
Datafile2.jpg

During the course of the evening a Tombola was organised and run by club treasurer John Dance with loads of tackle prizes and tins of biscuits and most entrants went away with at least a few floats if not more.[:)]

I was press ganged into selling raffle tickets for the BOOZE raffle (well Brian did say please)[;)] but i gave me a chance to pester everybody and a few 's were raised for the club funds.[:)]

And to round the evening off after the buffet a Special Raffle was run with the main prize being a New Continental 4 Draw Seat Box donated by Tony Collins and DHP.

There could only be 1 winner of the box and when My ticket was drawn from the hat i passed the box over to the young lad that had raised and donated the money to Rugby Disabled Anglers.
And he went home very happy carrying the box over his shoulder with a smile that covered his face from ear to ear.[:D][:D][:D]

As a final note i'd like to say a Big Thankyou to all the members for allowing me to fish with and assist them during the 2002 season and look forward to more of the same in 2003 it's been great to be able to help where and when ever, even the odd swimming trip to rescue pole sections.[;)][;)]

And thankyou for the surprise gift of an Xmas Hamper [:I][:I] it was not expected.

HAVE A GOOD AND SAFE XMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR LADS.

ROLL ON 2003 SEASON.

MALC
Datafile2.asp
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Last edited:

Digger Barnes

' Digger'
[h2]Good Morning Malc[/h2]
I would like to thank you for last night,and about the hamper you are more than welcome, for all you did for us this season you deserve it and more.
The club treasurer has just been in touch with finacial details of the night.[h4]we were prepared and expecting to make a loss on the night[/h4]
Total outgoings for the night. 197.00
Income from bottle raffle. 63.00
Income from tombola. 116.00
Income from box raffle. 100.00
Income from book sales. 2.50
Total income 281.50

[h2]PROFIT FOR THE NIGHT[/h2]
[h2] 84.50[/h2]

[h2]A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED[/h2]

Brian Barnes

Datafile2.asp

Status