Rudyard lake nr Leek staffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

alcockmat

Looking for a bit of info on this stunning lake,had a walkround it this afternoon with my mrs and son, I was almost foaming at the mouth.

Really fancy a day on it next week,

just tryna find out what will be my best line of attack, as i know absolutly nothing about it.

Cheers in advance

Matt

pham

What you fishing for mate?

Not sure which pegs are fishing at the minute but the white post area is prolific!

Traditional feeder methods (double hooking, etc) will catch plenty of perch roach and bream if you're on em!

If its carp you're after then target the shallows, prebait for a week or so and they won't be far away! The biggest known fish is about 27Ib at the minute (a common) but its a vast water and could hold a surprise. There are more carp swimming about in there than people think and they're not hard to catch as they don't see alot of pressure!

alcockmat

il fish for whats there, i had my fingers crossed that people were gonna rave about the bream in the butiv got the gear for most types of fishing,

not to sure what you mean by double hooking,

nutmeg

Site Supporter
in the northwest you are allowed to fish with two hooks on one line, it used to be called locally a match cast if memory serves me right.
its also allowed in club matches in the region unless specifically forbidden in the club rules or fishery rules. the guy fishing next to me last week at Knypersley reservoir was fishing two hooks on his pole rig, the club l was fishing with permits it, but l still beat him into 2nd place lol.
it takes some getting used to and you dont see it practised much these days, l have not fished with two hooks for years as it could cause some wonderful knots when landing a fish in the net :)

fished it wrong

pham,i undersood that rudyard lake is covered by the trent & severn water authority
if this is correct then double hooking is not permitted.

pham

Originally posted by fished it wrong

pham,i undersood that rudyard lake is covered by the trent & severn water authority
if this is correct then double hooking is not permitted.

First I've heard of it! Fished a few matches on there last year and the year before and it was allowed! My old man fished rudyard for years even winning the british championship with his team the Biddulph Dossers and it was always the way to fish!

alcockmat, there is some cracking bream fishing to be had on there but its such a large water you've got to be on the fish!

Status
Not open for further replies.