Votes: 0 0.0%
  • neither

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

luremad

Barbelus Maximus
Me and a mate at work got into a very heated debate about what we would prefer to catch a 2pound rudd or a 50 pound carp.
i wanted a rudd yet he wanted a carp saying that a rudd was just a nuisance fish and that a carp was a proper fish [:0].
so i put it to you what would you prefer ?

Benji

Account Locked
Depends on what tackle you are catching a 2lb rudd on light tackle would be great, compared to a 50lb carp on crazy strong tackle.

Personally I would rather have a 2lb tench on light tackle [:)]

Thom

i wouldnt want either, a specimen eel...that would go down nicely [:D]

G2LAndrew

Wandering Angler
2lb Rudd or Roach on light tackle every day for me but thats not to knock those dedicated to the art of catching big carp!

piroflip

even the biggest carp fan would not call a 2lb Rudd a nuisance fish
that would be just schoolboy bragging nonesense.

Dean07

2 Pound Rudd
50 Pound Carp Are Pictured Everywhere These Days. When You See One You Dont Think 'Oh Ive Never Seen One That Big Before', Whereas Rudd Are Hardly Ever Pictured Anywhere, So A 2lb Rudd Would Be Much More Appreciated IMO

floatfisher

Site Supporter
I am currently fishing a club water with some large rudd in it and I am determined to get a two pounder this summer. My best to date is 1lb.12oz.which I thought might just have made the magic 2lb til I weighed it.Beautiful fish anyway!

Originally posted by floatfisher

I am currently fishing a club water with some large rudd in it and I am determined to get a two pounder this summer. My best to date is 1lb.12oz.which I thought might just have made the magic 2lb til I weighed it.Beautiful fish anyway!

i would be so gutted if i was you

ojfrancis

i would want the carp, i have already had about 8 2lb rudd and they are just annoying now, although they are good for boosting weights in matchs, i have always wanted a 20lb plus carp, my pb carp is about 12lb at the moment, caught on the pole, i want to go up on that

CaRp Kidd

Speedy
for me personally i would have a 50lb carp

would be more publitsized in your fishing club and it would wizz across my town in seconds and i would like to say

Yep i was the one who caught[:D][:)]

Yuccaman

I like fishing.
Staff member
Site Supporter
Rudd, Roach, Tench, Barbel, Pike, Perch, Chub, Bream, Gudgeon, Minnows, Sticklebacks...THEN carp....vermin....[;)]

Metal_Micky

Rudd for me. Iv gotton a bit fed up of carping on Stonar lake, blank after blank. So iv taken to using a float rod and centrepin, and have had Roach to 1.5 and a 4lb 10oz Golden Orfe in the last 2 weeks. Much more fun not knowing whats gonna pick up ya single maggot. Mick

mangrojack

a 50lb carp for me, its easy to catch 2lb roach/rudd where i carp fish they take your boilies lol

ive had one over the 3lb mark recently didnt fight much on a 3lb tc rod so i did really count it as a pb as i was not fishing for them

Paddles

i love fishing for rudd, i especially like to use a cheap whip rod and light tackle

Cybermanc

Eagle Eyes
As a percentage of a record a 2lb Rudd would be like catching a 40lb carp so I'd take the Rudd. They're as rare as hen's teeth at that size.

Status
Not open for further replies.