rubbish weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Bates

Just wounderd if anyone had any tips on catching carp in this horrible weather? what tatics and bait have you tried which have been succesful ?

Thomas

thomasbates

ada

brummie
feed little but often, scale rigs down,try baits such as caster and chopped worm, maggot.dont be affraid to abandon the pole and try the feeder or bomb and be extra patient! I have caught throughout this winter, nearly every weekend on a variety of venues using mainly chopped worm and caster with a get out of jail rig set with i.i line and a 24 hook and a no2 elastic with 2 pinkies dangling from it! catch a fish then target the carp,feed a carp line with a cup full of bait and leave it to settle for an hour then try it, the carp may move on to it while you are catching the silvers from a different line. good luck ADA..........

jel

HI TB.
AS SOMEONE ONCE SAID "CARP ARE RARELY CAUGHT IN THE WINTER OR THE
SUMMER,AUTUM OR SPRING" !! SO ITS NOT EASY,SMALLER CARP SAY UP TO
5 LB STILL SEEM TO SHOW . SO SCALE DOWN YOUR LINE,HOOKS,AND BAIT
SIZE TRY SOFT PELLETS (HOOKERS) ALLWAYS FISH NEAR TO FETURES LIKE
ISLANDS,REEDS AND OVER HANGING TREES.HOPE THIS HELPS.

JEL.

j white

Thomas Bates

thanks for that ada . im not a pole person to be honest but ill keep the feeder in mind

cheers

thomas

thomasbates

martin.

Account Locked
hi.
there are allways other species that will feed regular throughout winter and can be more fun.
tight lines .
martin.

martin.

Account Locked
hi
most other course fish will feed in winter your local tackle shop would be the best place to start asking for local venues.
mostly in winter i will fish for roach, tench &perch as in my area they will all feed .
all these can be caught on a varriaty of ways whip. pole, waggler or feeder.maggot worm caster bread will all catch. but enqiure localy as they are up to date in your area.

tight lines.
martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.