Royal Mail/HM Revenue and Customs e-mail scam

160642fishing

Site Supporter
I received this today,supposedly from Royal Mail,first thought was that our postie very rarely gets to us before midday,we were both out this morning so to make sure I rang him on his mobile,he's a mate of ours,and he would not have had the facility to ring HMR&C and he would have left a card.the shame of it is that some people who are in dealings with HMR&C might well click on the link it sent.

Unsuccessful delivery attempt

Package from: HM Revenue & Customs
Package type: Large letter
Delivery date & time: Thursday, 12 November 2020 09:35

We attempted to deliver your package at 09:35 on Thursday, 12 November 2020 but no one was available.

Your parcel was returned to our depot and you need to reschedule your package delivery.

Please reschedule your package delivery by pressing 'Reschedule Now' and one of our drivers will attempt to deliver your package.

Brian the Fish

Older Member.
Site Supporter
I'm so pleased I read your post, I am waiting for a parcel and might have clicked the link. :cry:

Just received this:-

Delivery date & time: Thursday, 12 November 2020 10:55

We attempted to deliver your package at 10:55 on Thursday, 12 November 2020 but no one was available.

Your parcel was returned to our depot and you need to reschedule your package delivery.

Please reschedule your package delivery by pressing 'Reschedule Now' and one of our drivers will attempt to deliver your package.

Wise Owl

Account Locked
Oh no not another scam ??where’s the scam buster when ya need him ?

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Had it yesterday, sent to my gmail account, never use that, went straight to trash.

Arfer Mo

Site Supporter
I had a text yesterday supposedly from the DVLA, my phone identified it as Spam and blocked it.

corred

Received today, the fun part is the post were at my house with a Special Delivery at 9.15am.....so I knew it was a scam.

Decided to track the link back to a wen address in Australia.

Delivery date & time: Friday, 13 November 2020 11:45

We attempted to deliver your package at 11:45 on Friday, 13 November 2020 but no one was available.

Reschedule Now​

Last edited by a moderator:

1066Wedge

I received this today,supposedly from Royal Mail,first thought was that our postie very rarely gets to us before midday,we were both out this morning so to make sure I rang him on his mobile,he's a mate of ours,and he would not have had the facility to ring HMR&C and he would have left a card.the shame of it is that some people who are in dealings with HMR&C might well click on the link it sent.

Package from:
HM Revenue & Customs
Delivery date & time: Thursday, 12 November 2020 09:35

We attempted to deliver your package at 09:35 on Thursday, 12 November 2020 but no one was available.

Thank you so much just got one today and got in a bit of a panic so googled it and read your comments so thanks again

I've had the same, by text message but it shows on the SAME message conversation as real past texts from the Royal Mail!!! I very nearly fell for it. The lack of slip through the door seemed odd amongst other things though