Roundhay Park Lake, Sunday 19th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If anyone wants a bash at the pike in Roundhay Park Lake (Waterloo Lake) I'm off next Sunday weather and ice permitting.

It contains a fair few pike from what I've been told and there are some biggys but they are seldom fished for these days.
Many moons ago it had a good reputation as a winter pike venue but has been dismissed of late due to lack of angler interest following on from a lot of problems with the lake and levels over the past 5-6 years which have now been fixed.
So the fish should still be in there even if the anglers aren't [:)]

Let me know if you're up for it and sometime during this week I'll pay it a visit and check the conditions, etc.

Dave Datafile2.gif

G

where is the waters Dave?????

catch me if u can
Andy,

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi toma,

It's in the North of Leeds about 6 miles from town centre.

Dave

Last edited:

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Further details are HERE

If you want directions from the A1 let me know and I'll sort some out

Dave

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Hiya Dave, should beable to make one,[;)]

unless its another marathon job

teepee.

Do not resist growing old.
Many are denied the privilege.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Hi Teepee,

On this one you can virtually drive up to the pegs depending on where we fish.
I'll try and suss it out this week

Justin, I'll keep an eye on the weather and if you let me know what time you'll be setting off I'll put a final post up before hand to let you know what it's like as I'm only a couple of miles away from it

[:)] Dave

Dave

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
haydn here...local water so will do my best...save me one of the "disabled pegs" LOL WHAT TIME MEETING IN CAR PARK?. Don`t forget to tell everyone there is a cafe for food if required.
What about day tickets?....hope to see you there Dave....1st, 2nd & 3rd to Leeds again?? Come on you Geordies give us a match LOL

Take nothing but memories, leave nothing but footprints.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just got back from a wander around - mammouth task with my little legs lol [:D]

...anyway the lake is ice free and rippling with a gentle breeze, temperature here in Leeds at the moment is a mild 7oc and there hasn't been a frost for the past couple of nights.

The best places (IMHO) to fish would be either along the carriage drive which is segregated from the mums, dads, 2.4 kids and labrador that walk around on Sundays or under the Oak trees which is a heck of a lot deeper nearer in - that would depend methinks on the wind direction
If we fish off the drive rod rests would do but under the Oaks some form of pod or power-drive banksticks as it is hard surfaced

Either way, meet in the Cafe/boathouse car park as it is pretty much central to both bits
It's a gentle stroll/walk to either and all hard surfaced so no oxygen required [8D]

Roundhay is not heavily fished these days so there shouldn't be much need to get there in the middle of the night for a peg - so how's 7.30am sound?

Day tickets are 3.00 for 2 rods and can be bought from the Cafe once it's open so no probs on that account

So how's about it?

Anyone want final directions to the lake, let me know which end of Leeds you're coming in from and I'll post them up and I'll put an 'early doors' weather report up on Sunday morning about 6.00am'ish [|)]

Dave

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
Thanks for your hard work Dave. I will deff.be in carpark 7.30am. Are we counting any fish caught or is it only Pike? Any fish would give us a better chance of not dry netting LOL. Haydn

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Dave give me directions from M1, i think its J46.

and do you know what time the cafe opens.

and do we have to wave to anybody lol.

teepee.

G

Hiyaaaaaaa TEEEEEEPEEEEEEEE, just a little
for you mate,, [;)]

catch me if u can
Andy,

Last edited:

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Alreeeeeet Andy are you coming,

teepee.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Anything goes teepee - "yer pays yer ticket and takes yer chance" lol

There are quite alot of other species in the lake including some big bream if they're feeding so might be worth putting out another rod

Directions on their way to you tonight

Dave

haydn.borthwick

09/05/02 - 28/01/07
In Memoriam
I have pleasure fished Roundhay many times and never yet blanked. There are some nice Perch,Bream and Pike about. The only problem as Dave has mentioned is getting your brolly stick or bank stick or keep net stick into the rock hard surface. Normaly I have had to put my brolly at the other side of the path and run to my rid if I get a bite. As no bank stick would go in I use to just lay rod on bank wall and pray.LOL. Anyway itwill be good fun and nice to meet you all again. The cafe does good snacks if it gets too cold. See you all there 7.30 am Sunday & tight lines to us all....Haydn..

G

No Tony, :-((, would have liked to mate,

catch me if u can
Andy,

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
And the latest on the spot weather forecast is: It's Raining - why doesn't that suprise me [:D]

Dave

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Rain. Rain. Rain. [:(][:(][:(]
i'm setting off now.[8D]

teepee.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Norm set off half an hour ago so I'll see you as arranged teepee and everyone else at the cafe carp ark (lol)

Dave

Stu

Cant drink anymore
Site Supporter
[8)] Teepee is a Stud [8D] a South Yorkshire Love Machine [8D]

Stu
***L.U.F.C.***

Status
Not open for further replies.