Rotten so n so

Browner

Site Supporter
This has been the first Sunday in a while that we have got the stuff done that we wanted and we’re able to sit in our back garden and enjoy the good weather with a glass of plonk. Then the neighbour down the road lights a bon fire and stinks/smokes the whole area out for the entire afternoon. It’s still going. Is it just me or is that very inconsiderate. He not bothered by it as the wind is blowing it away from his garden. :mad:

TrickyD

Site Supporter
This has been the first Sunday in a while that we have got the stuff done that we wanted and we’re able to sit in our back garden and enjoy the good weather with a glass of plonk. Then the neighbour down the road lights a bon fire and stinks/smokes the whole area out for the entire afternoon. It’s still going. Is it just me or is that very inconsiderate. He not bothered by it as the wind is blowing it away from his garden. :mad:
Not just you, I put the washing out today and some arsehole decided it would be a great day to burn rubbish. Get the same with barbeques, can't see the fascination of eating from one of those.

Keith Sparky

Site Supporter
We used to have a neighbour that had more bonfires going in the summer than a tribe of Apaches sending smoke signals to each other....Tonto somebody or other I think his name was....also had a habit of riding his horses bear back.....

Chitterlings & Hodge

Not sure if it's just me getting older and noticing it more but in general society is getting more and more inconsiderate. People are in their own little world and anything going on around them is totally ignored until it affects them. I can remember when I was a kid no one would light a burning bin till it was dark and if anyone had washing out they went round and knocked on the door to let them know.

"if we were to make the conscious and frequent effort of treating others with consideration the effects on us and society as a whole would be amazing"

(y)

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
It might have also been the first Sunday in a while he’d been able to get jobs done and burning rubbish was one of those jobs.

gingert76

Cebu, Philippines
lol here in the Philipinnes people burn rubbish any time of the day and often you can see smoke rising in multiple places, just looked and can see 8 now!

If they are not breaking any rules then people are free to do what they want in their own garden, i would certainly tell my immediate neighbours but someone at the other end of the street? course not

The Runner

Site Supporter
lol here in the Philipinnes people burn rubbish any time of the day and often you can see smoke rising in multiple places, just looked and can see 8 now!
Sounds about right. As my stepdaughter once pointed out, in the UK if you’re playing loud music at 3am the neighbours will ring the police. In the Philippines the neighbours will all come and join you….

gingert76

Cebu, Philippines
that they do bud, they love a bit of karaoke and they do not care what time of day or night lol

rudd

Serial Blanker
Site Supporter
Not sure if it's just me getting older and noticing it more but in general society is getting more and more inconsiderate. People are in their own little world and anything going on around them is totally ignored until it affects them. I can remember when I was a kid no one would light a burning bin till it was dark and if anyone had washing out they went round and knocked on the door to let them know.

"if we were to make the conscious and frequent effort of treating others with consideration the effects on us and society as a whole would be amazing"

(y)
During lockdown a furloughed neighbour received a council notice after I sent a letter of complaint.
They were burning various materials including mdf as tip was shut at all times of day.
I was stuck inside during heatwave with family and had to have all windows shut! 😡

I enjoy 3am music playing neighbours.
Had one once who would not turn it down,at 7am Out come lawnmower, strimmer , hedge trimmer, circular saw, portable radio, barking dog, drill, hammer and chisel, hoover etc etc.

At 7.15 neighbour opens window, re blurry eyes, reverse hedge haircut and shouts - what’s &()&@;/ going on out there?

I just shouted back - pardon then Each time he tried to speak and I pressed some power tool button or other.