Roosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addict

Ok ive just spent a morning up the canal trying out my new technium, impressed with the pole although didnt go much past 8/9ish metres,

The only problem i had was with the kuppin kit well not really a problem just more hassle than its worth pickin it up off the ground so i though id get a roost

Whick ones are the best to get? i was looking at the octoplus one which looks handy but the preston tripod one looks good too, or is it worth gettin one with a bankstick?

Any more recommendations?

Thanks
Chris

EDIT: Is it me or does this seem a really good deal?? cheapest ive found them id 26 from fosters >> http://www.aquamania.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=620&numLanguageID=1

Last edited:

Thom

i just use the one with the banksticks i find theyre fine

PurpleWheelyBin

Scouser and Proud.
I have the Octoplus one and also the Technium. Firstly the top kits are too thick for the Octoplus roost unles you buy an extending arm for it, so the end of the roost is more towards the thin end of your top kits. It then becomes very flopy and is not worth using.

Addict

thanks guys, PurpleWheelyBin that ticks that one off the list then

jonesr

Just remember you can't use bank sticks on a concrete or stone edged tow path![}:)][}:)]

Ron J

Benji

Account Locked
Originally posted by dward1996

I personally use 2 of the Seymo Pole Roosts just attatched to a normal bankstick

Same here, nice cheap easy solution, plus I use the quick releases to make settig up and taking down easier. They are a good investment dirt in sections then ground into other sections, or worse stood on top kits, no happy no smiley.

dward1996

Life Member
Originally posted by Benji

Originally posted by dward1996

I personally use 2 of the Seymo Pole Roosts just attatched to a normal bankstick

Same here, nice cheap easy solution, plus I use the quick releases to make settig up and taking down easier. They are a good investment dirt in sections then ground into other sections, or worse stood on top kits, no happy no smiley.

It is amazing how much easier it makes the fishing as well. The pole sections are arranged neatly and in easy reaching distance, which makes them a lot easier to pick up/put down, when playing a fish.

As you say they also keep the pole in a lot better condition away from dirt, grit, feet etc.. In my opinion they (along with other roosts) are one of the best investments you can make.

tag

If you need a roost that's usable where you can't get banksticks in, Fishing Republic do quite a good telescopic one with two tiltable roost tops and a telescopic arm that fits on to the seatbox leg.
I think it's about 20[8D]

Last edited:

C.A.T.C.H.

I use a couple of Milo roosters ( about 8 sections in the foam ) attached to bank sticks. never had that much trouble with hard banks etc. If its not possible to push the banks sticks into the ground you just have to get round it and theres always a way.[;)]

Cheers.

C.A.T.C.H.
T.

scttsman04

i use the preston ones personally and have never had any trouble and for twenty quid u get the roost for the box and a tripod one! means you can use it on any land or venen when tip fishin when stitting in water! they fit all legs to!

steven[:D]

maxwell_hung

caster blaster
Milo rocket launcher, not the cheapest but the best by miles. Attaches to your box doesn't require an even/flat bank and you don't need to stick anything in the ground.
Also holds the kits very securely, never had any blown out even in the worst gales

sitattoo

Yeah preston again but i've just bought the boss one which comes off one of your box legs and the top kits click in place using rubber clips

smartmart16

is the boss one really that good then considering price and all that.
i reckon to lay mine on to my holdall directly behind me if no ones going to be walking at the back of me.and on my right when on a towpath,but still on the ground.
might invest in one if there that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.