Rookery Waters, Pidley, Cambridgeshire

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Anyone fished the Rook lake here?

All tips and guidance gratefully received, short notice of a club match here this coming Sunday.

thanks in advance

stewie

Stewie74

Site Supporter
@Stewie74 .....Good morning, As a starters this Rook - Rookery Waters

@G0zzer2 ....Mac match fishes the complex quite a bit, but mainly on Jay and Magpie but maybe able to offer some insights for you

I believe @Neil ofthe nene fishes the complex too but probably similar experiences as Mac above. (y)
Thanks Total, I’ve found the website and a couple of YouTube videos.

ive also messaged Gozzer2 last night as I knew from his recent blog that he was familiar with the complex.

seems like most of the matches are on the other lakes so a bit of a long shot, but worth a try

Total

Site Supporter
@Stewie74 ......Forgot to mention, Fishery Manager: Alex Bates on 07824 878492 is also a minefield of information and a decent chap for info' Definitely worth a bell.(y)

Neil ofthe nene

Doing things differently.
Site Supporter
Like Mac I have only fished Jay & Magpie.

I don't think Rook gets used for matches much if at all so the website's match results won't help. It is the original lake and unlike the others is an open expanse of water. "ROOK. Our original lake built in 2001 as a water storage reservoir. The specimen lake is solely fished by pleasure anglers with carp reaching up to 30 lbs."

Pidley Rook.JPG

You get to the fishery along a very long track that seems to be going nowhere. Go through Pidley and take Fen road, just keep on the road as it becomes a dirt track then a sharp left to the fishery. Sat nav can try and take you down impassable farm tracks.

Pidley Turning.JPG

As Total advises, call Alex to get some info. Really nice guy. I would also check that you are actually booked onto Rook lake. Fixtures on the website don't show it.

Day & DatesLake Bookings
Saturday 19th DecMagpie, Jay & Raven-Christmas open match £30 all in everyone gets a prize!!
Sunday 20th DecRook-SWAC -ALL PEGS SILVERS ONLY Jay & Raven-Winter league/Open match
Weds 23rd DecMagpie-Over 60's

Stewie74

Site Supporter
Like Mac I have only fished Jay & Magpie.

I don't think Rook gets used for matches much if at all so the website's match results won't help. It is the original lake and unlike the others is an open expanse of water. "ROOK. Our original lake built in 2001 as a water storage reservoir. The specimen lake is solely fished by pleasure anglers with carp reaching up to 30 lbs."

Pidley Rook.JPG

You get to the fishery along a very long track that seems to be going nowhere. Go through Pidley and take Fen road, just keep on the road as it becomes a dirt track then a sharp left to the fishery. Sat nav can try and take you down impassable farm tracks.

Pidley Turning.JPG

As Total advises, call Alex to get some info. Really nice guy. I would also check that you are actually booked onto Rook lake. Fixtures on the website don't show it.

Day & DatesLake Bookings
Saturday 19th DecMagpie, Jay & Raven-Christmas open match £30 all in everyone gets a prize!!
Sunday 20th DecRook-SWAC -ALL PEGS SILVERS ONLY Jay & Raven-Winter league/Open match
Weds 23rd DecMagpie-Over 60's
Thanks Neil.

SWAC - Saffron Walden Angling Club ?

bettsfan

Good Luck Stewie, fished there in September but drew on Magpie so apologies I am not a minefield of info. Most used Maggot, plenty of it. It's a good complex and appears very well run.