roof rack help pleaseeee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
ignore the post asking about if anyone has one...

i can get a universal one, but i think i might have a problem..

my car has the "gutters" running down each side of the car roof, but NO rails (for roof BARS to clamp too)

can you can rails and bars together or can you get a roof rack that clamps straight to roof of the car so i dont need the rails (if you get me)

tar [:T]

kevb

was 'bigkevb'
what about this that fits straight into the gutters....http://www.roofracks.co.uk//fitments/rover_25_3dr_5dr_00.htm

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
spot on mate, but theres NO WAY im paying all that for a roof rack mate...

universals are cheaper...

Larry

Lazarus
Dave you should have a problem you may be able to get some from Halfords or any the motor supply stores.

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
Originally posted by Larry

Dave you should have a problem you may be able to get some from Halfords or any the motor supply stores.

yeah agree there mate, got pitstop next door to my work, but just seeing what i can find 1st then compare it to there price

badpegpicker

Proud to be a.....
Im not a massive fan of Halfords, but they do sell a good range of universal fitments and bars to fit your specific car.

Thats where I got ours from. You buy the blocks to fit your rails/slots etc, then buy a couple of cross bars.
Think it cost around 50 all in.

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
Rover 25, 5 door, 2000yr, but it has rain gutters and no rails, I want something to fit, universal, with feet and bars, that's not expensive

pole addict

It looks like it might be a bit pricey me old mucka.

Halfords do the roof bars and feet for about 60 or so but then its another 50 for the tray.

I think you're best to try and find somewhere local like a hardware place or warehouse shop kinda thing. You know the sort....lots of chinese imports etc. I got one years ago for my sierra from a similar kinda place.

Good luck [:H]

Status
Not open for further replies.