Roller Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

XbrvhrtX

Just new to fishing the pole, and after my 4th trip the wind caught my "V" and pole went flying putting a crack in my no.8, so decided I should get a flat bed roller to add to my armory.

been looking at the Daiwa Rock'N'Roller but there appears to be 2 variations, can anyone advise on the difference.

one is listed as the Rock'N'Roller and the other as a double roller, both appear to tilt so what's the difference apart from the price [:D], and which should I go for [:H]

Cheers
Johnnie

Paul Cresswell

Site Supporter
I've got both of them, get the one around 45, best roller I've ever had by far. The 30 one is poor build quality, does not go very high and your pole tends to slide rather than roll over.

Quality costs - the 45 one has been around for years (previously boss) and has many fans, me included and is well built to last.

XbrvhrtX

Thanks Paul [:T]appreciate your input, so looks like it's the Rock'N'Roller I'm going for.
Cheers
Johnnie [:T]

XbrvhrtX

Originally posted by jonny howie

have a look at some of the preston innovation rollers

It's a toss up between the Preston and the Daiwa, have had a look around here and a few other forums and both get great reviews, but leaning towards the Daiwa, had some great customer service from Daiwa directly in the past so I think they might have the edge [:p]

Cheers
Johnnie

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
I have the boss Rock'N'Roller had it for years 10+ IIRC and an old heavy preston one ( I use two )
If i lost it i would be buying the diawa version

Status
Not open for further replies.